Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

riddle me this...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by foxxy cleopatra, Jul 3, 2009.

1. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

if men really prefer larger women...why do they have skinny girls in magazines like zoo ect....hmmmmmm im not sure...having a convo with some men friends....one claims he likes bigger girls...he has a gf, the single one says all boys lie and skinny girls are the way to go....

hmmmmmmmm anyone know?

2. jlushh

jlushh PetForums Member

Every guy is different therefore has a preference for different girls..Um I dunno really :( .
    I find it pretty sad anyone over the age of 15 fapping to Zoo :p

3. animallover111

I think its personnal choice just like i like bigger size men :eek: :eek: (rugby type men!!)
    but i do think magazines,media etc has alot to answer for in terms of continously using skinny women to advertise,i honestly believe they are responsible for so many females/males suffering with eating disorders!I would not mind but in my opinion most of the models used even on cat walks look ill,gaunt and underweight!I think its very sad these models are under such pressure to be so thin its really not healthy.My daughter is naturally very slim she is only 8 yrs old and she constantly mentions her weight,she gets very upset when we go shopping as clothes never fit right,she eats healthy.It horrifys(sp) me that at 8yrs old she is worrying about her size!!!
    On a lighter note though i think i have a fat bum and i have been told on occassions men love something to grab hold of!!!!:eek: :blushing: :D

#3 animallover111, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  4. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

I cant answer this unfortunately :p but to whoever said that the media is responsible for so many eating disorders, I've had an eating disorder since i was about 6 :p so that isnt always true :p
    (oh and btw dont take that as me being hostile!!) lol

5. Savahl

Savahl Guest

i think its personal preference - i know a guy who thinks being able to see ribs is sexy, whereas his best mate prefer size 12-14. Not ALL men like skinny girls, and not all men like bigger girls. My OH likes average sized women, his best friend is a size 8 and he has never been attracted to her in that sense, whereas I have always been a size 12

(not all "skinny" girls are on purpose too... 2 of my best mates are tiny, size 6-8 size and 5ft 7.. they hate it, but just cant put weight on, one has high metabolism, the other high metab plus yeast allergy making finding food she can eat when out and about very difficult anyway, The smaller of the too falls into the underweight catagory everytime she gets ill :( - they both eat like horses lol.)

#5 Savahl, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2009
  6. animallover111

Sorry to hear you have suffered with an eating disorder and i hope your ok.Im not saying everyone who suffers from an eating disorder is the same but i do believe magazines,television etc do play a part in males/females having eating disorders especailly younger girls and boys as foxy said it is skinny girls that are usually used.I am 33 yrs old can be looking through a magazine and think wow how i would love to look like that and usually the model will be tall,slim and looking fab.

7. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

Yeah im ok, its not really a problem for me, i learned to live with it lol, I know allot of it is due to the media, especialy the young girls with annorexia wich is often "caused" by the media. Like i said though, allot of people assume because im thin that im annorexic wich im not, THAT offends me, and allot of people assume that its all caused by the media and years ago eating disorders were unheard of (they still existed though!!!)
    Anyway sorry if you thought i was offended or if i offended you!! just thought id say though :) lol

8. Savahl

Savahl Guest

and of course dont forget 90% of the girls in those mags are airbrushed ;)

9. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

my friend met her husband when she was a size 18, she wanted to loose weight and he was really worried she would try and get skinny- said he'd fallen in love with her the way she was, she did loose weight and was a size 14 he still loved her just as much, but did say he would prefere her not to get any slimmer "as a woman should be soft not all skin and bone" as he put it.

I met my OH when I was 18 and a size 10 I'm now 39 and a size 18, I've been a different dress size practically every year I've known him and it makes no difference to him - he loves me not my size

kittykat likes this.
  10. animallover111

No need to be sorry :) i think peoples. size and eating disorders can be very sensitive issues

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Years ago, the desired body to have was a fuller curvy one.

These days the desired body is an malnourished, anorexic bag of bones (this is not aimed at anyone naturally skinny). Apparently this is the body we should all have because of the celebrities and girls on the catwalk.

And who styles those people?

Gay men.

Here's a link for you: http://www.elftown.com/wiki.html?name=body+image
    It's written by my very good friend. If any of you know of Playgans (she wrote that too) you'll love this :)

Fleur likes this.
  12. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Good point ;):);)

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Thanks :p They can't have boys to model girls clothes so they want girls as close to their figure as they can get

14. foxxy cleopatra

hmmm i dont know...its all very strange lol. i have/had an eatting disorder, its not because of the media though....well hmmm i dont think so, but i have a strong desire to look good in topshop clothes hahaha. my bfs ex was uber skinny and as a compliment he once told me she had skinnier legs than me LOL bless him!

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

People don't get annorexia/bulimia just because of the media. It's a mental illness. Anything can trigger it. I was bulimic a few years ago when my sister was sent to prison and after John died/I miscarried I've been fighting the urge to go back to my bulimic ways.

16. foxxy cleopatra

awwww bless you! :( thats terrible :( im pretty sure the media has some part in it. My first bf said i was fat and that he was ashamed to be seen with me, i think thats when it started....i actaully was fat though hmmmmm maybe we should get back on topic. hope you are okay :(

17. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

it is a tough one isnt it.

i do think some is to do with media, but a lot starts from bullying at school, or family problems etc etc, sometimes it isnt a desire to be that skinny, but in a bad mental state something takes over and people get ill and anorexic or bulimic (spelling)?

every case study is very or slightly different.

some people who think they are fat are not....they just need to tone up (if they want too) like me....but i dont have the will power and i get bored of exercising after just 1 day! lol

18. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh yes, girls/boys (to a lesser extent) are heavily influenced by the media. Young teenagers especially are very sensitive to the comments of others and will stop eating for a good four days because of what someone has said to them (stupidly, I was one of them and look how skinny I was at 12):

[​IMG]

My niece for example turned 16 in January, and is a healthy size 12. She had her prom yesterday and was worried about being too fat. Luckily her boyfriend put her in her place :p

19. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

People in the extreme who think they're fat when they are not (includes most hardcore anorexics) suffer from Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD).

20. foxxy cleopatra

when i said before i was fat though...i actually was fat lol for my height ect....it is awful when skinny girls think they are fat, i remember after i got skinny and i was with my bf, i was SO obsessed with looking fat, i was about 7 st 9 and all i could think about was how fat i was LOL. now im like 9st and i realise how actaully stupid i was lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice