Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

REUNITED after 9 weeks and 2 days

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by vixtory, May 29, 2010.

1. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

My mum has finally got her little Lucy back! Lucy was stolen from mums farm on the 23/3/10... gypsies took her! We have a friend that is a gypsy and he finally managed to track her down to a camp in doncaster southyorkshire!

He called us and asked us to go to his house because he had the gypsies fetching her back to us... we went and met them and they finally turned up with our Lucy. We had to pay £350 to get her back but she is worth it!

The police are now tracking the gypsy down!

Lucy is now home safe and sound and we are all so elated to have her back... we feel very lucky too, especially since she was gone for 9 weeks and 2 days... 23/3/10 to 27/5/10.

Reunited picture of mum and Lucy:

2. owner2be

owner2be PetForums Member

thats exelent news it just goes to show theres good and bad in all sorts of peopleim happy the dog was returned safley :thumbup:

3. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

Brilliant news for her safe return :thumbup:

4. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

I am SO happy for you, Lucy, and especially your mum! I know how devastated my mum would be if she lost Oscar in such away. She is such a lucky pup!

5. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

that is wonderful.....................

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Thats wonderfull news. Glad your friend managed to track her down for you. As you say your friend is a gypsy it just shows that they are not all bad.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

7. kelseye

kelseye Banned

wow what good news what a happy ending :) not all gypsys are bad some do have a heart :)

8. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

Good news and hope that Lucy settles back into the home quickly:)

9. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Great news :thumbup:

10. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

How lovely that she is home,the pic shows a happy dog and happy mom!
    Real gypsys wouldnt steal her,but some new travellers wouldve!

11. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Fantastic news :thumbup:

12. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

Awww so happy you got her back!

Not so good you had to pay though and I hope they track them down.

Laura :)

13. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

I am very pleased that she has been returned! :thumbup:

14. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Congratulations and I am so happy for your family and Lucy that you are all together once again.

15. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

So pleased she is home, what actually happened then when they turned up with her and asked for the money, bloody hell they have a cheek:eek: how is she now?

16. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

There was 3 of them turned up with her in a pickup truck, all men! There was 7 of us though and 2 of us were really big men lol! Only 1 gypsy got out of the truck and he reckoned they had bought her of some other gypsies ( lying git )... he reckoned they paid £350 for her so they wanted £350 back! Mum just walked straight up to the truck and opened the door, Lucy jumped straight into her arms so mum just walked off with her! It was my stepdad who agreed to give them the £350... we know they were the ones that pinched her but since mum has a farm and they know that mum and stepdad were worried that the gypsies would destroy livestock etc on the farm in revenge if they didn`t get their money! Got to say though that the main gypsy looked abit frightened and intimidated when he saw us all waiting for them... at one point we thought they were about to turn their truck round and drive back of with lucy!

Lucy has settled right back in has if she has never been away! She`s constantly glued to mums side though, she seems frightened that mums going to leave her! She didn`t eat on the first night she came home but she`s pretty much back to normal again now... and mum hasn`t stopped smiling since she got her back:D

17. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

I disagree hun, sorry but these were real gypsies! They weren`t travellers... travellers travel and these gypsies have been on the same camp site for over 5 years!

We were just lucky that we know a gypsy ( he`s a good friend of ours ), without him we would never have got lucy home! Not everyone is that lucky... there`s so many missing dogs out there that have been stolen and its heart breaking to think that most of them will never be reunited with their owners!

18. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Some gypsys are good people,and obviously your friend is one of them,Shame the odd few let them down.
    Glad she is settled well,they must have looked after her.

19. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Oh ime so glad she's back, bet it was hard to keep your hands off them but better just to pay up and feel safer that they arnt going to come back. What an awful 9 weeks you have all had, bless your mum i can imagine she cant stop smiling and lucy is going to be very spoilt from now on. Do you think they ar targeting certain breeds.

20. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

It's nice to hear of a happy ending. I'm so glad your Mom has her back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice