Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Return of Nikita...we got Gold!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LisaZonda, Nov 5, 2016.

1. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Hi to all,
    Well I'm hoping at least some members might remember me.
    A couple of years ago I used to be on here pretty much every day sharing stories and photos of my husky Nikita and enjoying your stories and photos of all your furry babies.
    I decided to give it a break for a while and as life took over, month after month rolled past and before I knew it...a long time had past.
    Anyway, Nikita and I are back (with a new addition which I will introduce in a minute), if any of you guys remember me then holler back...it'd be great to hear from you again. To all those that joined after I left, I'm very much looking forward to getting acquainted!

Nikita has just turned 6 years old (yes, where did that go?!), I still remember introducing her on here to you all at 9 weeks old!
    Anyway, she is still the same cheeky bundle of trouble she always was, albeit a slightly lazier one.

We also now have a new addition to the family, well he's actually been with us for 10 months now.
    I'd been hankering after a buddy for Nikita for a long time and had always had a soft spot for a certain breed and I decided to contact the French rescue association for said breed, I then sat on their waiting list for almost a year waiting for one to become available that fitted our criteria.
    In December last year they contacted me and said they have one called Gold age 5 years old that was needing a new home after his owner had sadly died and he was currently in foster care.
    I jumped at the chance and in January did a 12 hour round trip to Lyon (in the snow) to go pick him up.
    He settled in with us all very quickly and gets on wonderfully with Nikita, I love watching them rough and tumble together!

Ok, so I'll post a recent photo of Nikita and also post some photos of Gold the Samoyed....his full name on his documents is Glamour Goldwin of Artic Cobaka, he gets called alsorts from us, usually Chewbacca or G-star :)

Screenshot_2016-11-05-15-16-32_1.jpg Screenshot_2016-11-05-15-19-19_1.jpg Screenshot_2016-11-05-15-19-13_1.jpg Screenshot_2016-11-05-15-17-21_1.jpg Screenshot_2016-11-03-11-45-06_1.jpg Screenshot_2016-11-05-15-17-37_1.jpg Screenshot_2016-11-05-15-18-59_1.jpg Screenshot_2016-11-05-15-18-54_1.jpg Screenshot_2016-11-03-11-45-13_1.jpg Screenshot_2016-11-05-15-16-57_1.jpg

2. cbcdesign

cbcdesign PetForums VIP

Wow! Nice outside view.

LisaZonda likes this.
  3. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Thank you, I appreciate my balcony view very much...though not so much today, it's grey and dull here in south west France at the moment :(

4. kitty25

kitty25 PetForums Member

Lovely photos

LisaZonda likes this.
  5. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Welcome back to You and your beautiful dogs.

LisaZonda likes this.
  6. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Beautiful! I knew Sammies were big, but next to a husky, he's enormous

LisaZonda likes this.
  7. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Thank you Happy Paws...it's good to be back, hope you and yours are all well! :)

Hi MiffyMoo, yes he is a very big even by Samoyed standards, I've met a few but none as big as him.
    I had a Newfoundland a few years ago and he's not far off as big as he was, he is largely fluff though, he doesn't weigh anywhere near what he looks like he weighs!

Happy Paws2 and MiffyMoo like this.
  8. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Welcome back. Your new addition is gorgeous. I used to have a Samoyed too which I rescued he was my first dog followed by 3 Huskies that he lived with for many years.
    So I had the same mix but did it the other way round. Nice to see how Nikita has grown up too.

LisaZonda likes this.
  9. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Hi!
    Good to be back, thank you.
    Aren't they such lovely breeds to have together! They have such good fun together and it's fantastic to have a canine buddy for Nikita.
    Hope you and yours are all well!

10. Muttly

Muttly Fluffy Mutts Rule!

Oh what stunning dogs! These are 2 of my fav breeds, beautiful :D

LisaZonda likes this.
  11. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

What lovely dogs and what amazing eyes Nikita has.

Welcome back to the forum

LisaZonda likes this.
  12. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Mine like yours were great together, I love my Huskies and Malamutes but I did love my Sammy. They are a lot easier in a lot of ways too I found then the other two breeds. Hopefully the two I have now Malamute and Malamute Husky mix will be with me for a long time yet, but I will Probably rescue another Sam eventually if I can and perhaps even an older Siberian later on. I lost Daisy my last husky a while ago now so just have these two.

LisaZonda likes this.
  13. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Awww I'm really sorry to hear you lost Daisy
    I'll definitely have more Samoyeds in future, they're such a fantastic breed...as long as you don't mind not being able to successfully wear black and can take the barking!
    The Samoyed rescue association I got him from have me as one of their foster carers so I may end up with others to look after temporarily (or permanently, depending on if I can bear to part with them!)
    I do find Gold far easier than Nikita but only due to being able to trust him off lead, not that I'd be without Nikita of course...she's my spoilt little brat that definitely thinks she's superior to all other beings, I wouldn't change her for the world!

Sled dog hotel likes this.
  14. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Thank you, it's good to be back
    It was her eyes that did it for me, I love huskies anyway but one look at her eyes and she completely stole my heart...even though she's like a stroppy teenager sometimes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice