Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Retrieving cat who has returned to previous home

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by AdrianPaul, Apr 9, 2020.

1. AdrianPaul

AdrianPaul PetForums Newbie

How do I retrieve my cat who has returned to our previous home? It's about two miles away. They went back there after seven weeks after moving to our new home... 177110615998073.jpg 10153131776923315.jpg

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Go and get it?

3. AdrianPaul

How? They are a nervous cat and run away from people, even myself, in this scenario, and they don't like being picked up or carried.

4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Would the new people in the old house leave a door open so he goes in and can then be cornered and caught?

Or a rescue might lend a cage to put food in to trap it?

5. AdrianPaul

Yes, but he is a Houdini when it comes to cat flaps and, whilst he enters the old conservatory, he immediately goes out again as soon as he has eaten or sees anyone;

I also tried a cage, with both food and water in it, but I would've had to be there to close and lock the door to it and he is a very nervous cat. I can't even get him to come up to me.

At the moment, I am just relieved he isn't totally lost, dead or injured.

I have just asked old neighbours not to feed him, as I am pretty sure that is what is stopping him returning home (it's only two miles away.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice