UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Next theyll be digging the corpses up and making the dead go back to work ..

If youve worked all your life then you deserve to sit back and make the most of the time you have left ..

I do think the workshy and permenant unemployed like my neighbour and my SIL should be made to work for their benefit, they live the life of riley sleeping til 10am lounging about, watching tv and get paid for it! :mad:

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I'll join you there!! :mad:

I personally feel that the old people are being punished for being 'old'!
I dont think he has to worry because he probably has enough money stashed away anyway!! :mad:

Arrogant twit!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
I think they are at the wrong end of the age scale! They should be getting the kids that have never worked a day in their life who are claiming of the state and too good to work for macd's doing the community work!

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
This has to be one of the sickest things ive read yet. It is bad enough to kick the poor and disabled while they are down but to now start on the pensioners? Will people really stand by and let this happen?
If someone chooses to continue to work whether paid or voluntarily after retirement, that is up to them. But to suggest they should be held to ransom with their pensions is bloody evil.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
so when you reach retirement they dont think that you are really entitled to the pension you have paid in to all your working life, are they kind of hoping we'll all just pop our clogs before we need to claim our pension and if we dont they will punish us for not dying

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Fits in nicely with increasing the pension age - neither stupid idea take any account of folks that have done heavy manual or physical work. All very well working in your 70's & 80's if you are a judge or lord of the manor.

My parents are not a burden on the state because they get b**ger all anyway

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Makes you wonder what century they are trying to turn the clock back to - remember Dad telling me about his grandfather, there was no pensions then so he was still working at 76 years of age - in a quarry! He got home one day and said that was a tough week don't want to see another like that, sat down in his chair and dropped dead.

·
Amused
29,064 Posts
If they need to save money that bad, they should cut the fat from the top, and make the politicians have the exact same pension, on retirement as normal everyday people, and shrink the ludicrous wages they get before then.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
so when you reach retirement they dont think that you are really entitled to the pension you have paid in to all your working life, are they kind of hoping we'll all just pop our clogs before we need to claim our pension and if we dont they will punish us for not dying
I couldn't have put it better myself! You have hit the nail on the head there!

That twit is away with the fairies! :(

·
Registered
12,683 Posts
This has to be one of the sickest things ive read yet. It is bad enough to kick the poor and disabled while they are down but to now start on the pensioners? Will people really stand by and let this happen?
If someone chooses to continue to work whether paid or voluntarily after retirement, that is up to them. But to suggest they should be held to ransom with their pensions is bloody evil.
The pension is peanuts anyway, to suggest they have to go out and work for it...are these people for real? Whatever next? What gets me is that as an illegal you can come over here and get the lot, having not paid in a cent, but having worked all your life, paid tax on your earnings then again on any savings you might have been able to make out of your earnings...NOW THIS. I know retired people who do a few hours a week in a charity shop but to be forced to do it is totally laughable.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Do they not reallise that most early retired people ARE looking after their elderly parents anyway !!!!! AND thanks to the great haves and have nots divide most still have their kids at home too as they cant afford to move out or are childminding their grandchildren so their daughters and daughter in laws can work to support their families without the crippling cost of childcare !!!

It's a feckin liberty is what it is. Pay into something all your life and then "earn" it again when you retire.

VOLUNTEERING - By definition it is a choice and good on those that choose to do it but it shouldnt be compulsory.

God help my generation, this lot will have us nailing our own coffins and digging our own holes :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
I'm at the beginning of my career really at 27, going to stick it out as long as possible as I know I'm lucky to be in a full time job nowadays at my age, but god knows what's going to happen when I get to retiring age...:001_unsure:

·
Registered
12,683 Posts
Fits in nicely with increasing the pension age - neither stupid idea take any account of folks that have done heavy manual or physical work. All very well working in your 70's & 80's if you are a judge or lord of the manor.

My parents are not a burden on the state because they get b**ger all anyway
How true. And if they go into a care home they'll take most of what they've got anyway.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.