Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Retained deciduos upper canines?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Forget-me-not, May 6, 2010.

1. Forget-me-not

Forget-me-not PetForums Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new to the forum and have a question about my kitten's teeth. He is 5 and a half months old and is getting his adult canines but I am a little worried as he currently still has his baby "fang teeth" even tho his adult ones are coming in. He was at the vets for neutering but she either did not notice or feel this was anything to be concerned about. He is a Maine Coon cat who is doing great, weighs 4 kilos and does not have any problem eating. Am I being neurotic? Is this anything to worry about? It does look strange when he yawns and you see double fangs! My OH is not concerned and advises that once his adult teeth have come in fully then the extra "baby teeth" will be pushed out.
    I hope this will be the case but would welcome any other opinions.
    Thanks
    FMN

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Welcome to the mad house :D Dont worry to much Louie has the same problem with his front teeth :rolleyes: they should come through ok when ready I think everything takes a little longer with MC's. Aslong as he's eating & not showing any discomfort all should be fine.

You will have to put some pics on :D

3. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

My boy had both adult and baby fangs for a while but his baby ones did fall out of their own accord, he did make an awful noise when eating with them though:scared:

4. Forget-me-not

Thanks GreyHare and Dally Banjo. Always good to get reassurance from more knowledgeable people!
    I will try to attach a pic but as you may see the wee man was not impressed with having another photo taken of him!
    Lion roar.jpg

Thanks again
    FMN

5. Dally Banjo

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww he looks tired after his photo shoot :D

6. Forget-me-not

Update - panic over! Both baby-fangs have come out of their own accord. I have no idea where they ended up. He probably ate them as he tries to scoff everything, edible or not! Caught him eating my rose bush at the weekend. At least he chose a thornless variety to nibble on.
    Thanks for your support
    FMN

7. Dally Banjo

Snap :D Louie's have gone to :lol: no rose bush though just Hollys tail again :rolleyes: :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice