Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rest in Peace, Buddy

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Theshizirl, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Theshizirl

Theshizirl PetForums Newbie

I came home from a visit to Japan the other day to the terrible news that my eldest dog, Carson, died of a heart attack. I guess he just sort of walked to one corner of the yard one day, layed down, and never woke up. According to my mom, the vet said that it was a very painless death.

He was 11 years old when he died, and a mixture of a German Shepard and Malamute. He was a very good dog; very pretty and friendly. He always loved to play with the other dogs (two schnauzers and a yorkie/shihtzu mix). I remember his big pointy ears and goofy grin, hehe.

I unfortunately don't have any uploaded picture of him, but picture a german shepard that is gray, white and black instead of brown and black.

When we rescued him, he was thirty pounds underweight. Apparently his previous owner abused him real bad; starved and beat him quite a bit. It took four years or so for him to no longer fear picked up newspapers or towels (simply picking them up startled him).

I'll miss him. I remember having a dream where he walked away from me into white light, and I just waved goodbye, and told him I will miss him. After that, I cried one last time, and moved on.

2. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss. :(

R.I.P CARSON XXXX

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

He sounds a lovely dog, shame you don't have any pictures :(

run free Carson x

4. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

So very sorry to hear of your loss and thinking about you at this sad time x

5. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

Sorry for your loss
    RIP Carson

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice