Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Responsible dog owner

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Mum2Heidi, May 12, 2010.

1. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

A lovely lady I met when I first had Heidi as a pup has a gorgeous collie x poodle and he is sooo kind and gentle. Heidi's first experience with a big dog was great thanks to him.

A couple of weeks ago she was playing with a little terrier when he came along and went for it. Then immediately turned on a young lab and more or less attacked it. No blood but horrid noises. (all males). His owner was beside herself, got knocked down in the skirmish but managed to grab him and gave him a good ole telling off, threatening losing his manhood if he continued.

I met her again yesterday and he has been neutered. She has seen the other dogs' owners, apologised again and explained what she has done to sort it. Once again he is a delight.

She had wanted him to stay entire unless it caused a problem, said there had been a few signs prior to that incident but that was it. She phoned the vets immediately (while they were still out) and he was done days later.

I cant explain what I felt as I watched them walk away, but it was good :lol:
    I know, I'm a soppy old sod and a sucker for a happy ending:thumbup:

2. rona

rona Guest

How old is he? We had trouble with Muddy when he hit 3 years old and had to have him done :(
    Glad he's back on track, and has such a sensible owner :)

3. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Hi Rona :thumbup:

Im not sure but I think he is about 3 :D.

They were both such good role models and such a shame to let testosterone change the wonderful chap - hormones eh?:D

4. kazschow

kazschow PetForums VIP

Benny was similar at 3 he started to exhibit sexual behaviours, and became quite dominant over other males.... he was snipped very quickly too, and is back to his old self again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice