Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Respiratory Infections

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by Trishia Whetham, May 7, 2019.

1. Trishia Whetham

Trishia Whetham PetForums Newbie

I have had my boa constrictor for 6.5 years next month. He hasn't had any issues with anything prior to this. He recently developed a nose whistle, which was later diagnosed as an acute respiratory infection. I gave him treatment and he has since started eating (didn't eat throughout winter). He has become more active and is completely healthy apart from a slight whistle that has hung around and a very small amount of saliva. I have given him a couple doses of an antibiotic (about three weeks of treatments 1-2 weeks off then tried three weeks of treatment, etc).
    He is acting completely fine apart from this RI still hanging on slightly. I have been measuring his temperatures and everything has been fine... any suggestions on what I could do to help this "cold" bugger off?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice