Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Respect to someone I saw tonight

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Apr 4, 2011.

1. rona

rona Guest

Driving back from tonights walk and along one of the pavements was a young chap jogging in shorts and t shirt, nothing special except he was vastly overweight.
    I hope he had a proper check up at the doctors, and I wish him luck :)

2. NoSpecialFeaturesHere

NoSpecialFeaturesHere PetForums Senior

That's a coincidence, I saw someone like that when I was driving back from a walk with my doggies a few hours ago. Poor guy's moobs were bouncing rather quite a lot, eesh... at least women can get sports bras.

Good luck to them. Or is that patronising? They're probably fitter than I am! lol.

3. HelloKittyHannah

HelloKittyHannah PetForums VIP

Takes a lot of courage, wish I had the guts :) (no pun intended lol)

4. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

I imagine that would hurt.. Joggers nipple comes to mind.. Yeoooooowch

And yes.. the greatest respect to these people.. and like has been said always wise to have a good health check before venturing to such exercise..

I used to be friends with a big Rugby player.. couldn't jog.. he was too heavy for his knees.. :eek: through muscle doc told him to get rid of some or he would be on sticks for the rest of his life.. Quite a wake up call..

5. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Good on all those who go out and make efforts to get fit :D

But I have seen a few people out on jogs/runs and I have literally thought, OMG i hope I`ve remembered all the first aid I was ever taught, as they looked like they were about to actually die infront of me... pale clamy faces, wheezing away as they jogged on by ... leaning on each lampost as they pass

6. momentofmadness

Have you seen me out jogging.. used to be followed by a quick pint in the pub.

7. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Hope he reaches the goal he wants :thumbup:
    even the mere thought of jogging is wearing me out, walking fine, anything more no thanks

8. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

ahh but was you out on a jog... or just jogging to the pub ;) lol

9. momentofmadness

Actually we used to go out jogging.. I used to be super fit.. :) even when I first got with my ex I used to kill him off taking him out jogging.. :lol; spent some of our first few dates doing this.. :)

But As I say I used to when I was younger with my friend and we would call at the pub.. :eek: have a drink then walk home.. :) My friend.. she is still super thin and now does marathons.. Me.. Id rather hobble to the pub.. :(

10. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Hope he reaches his goal - its hard work and can be soul destroying at times good on him for going jogging takes some guts when you are overweight! :)

11. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Good luck to the bloke indeed.

OH & I once passed a VERY, VERY large lady on a bicycle. She was rather red in the face as she peddled along and OH commented "She'd probably get on better without the panniers on the side."

The only problem was..... They weren't panniers.....!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

12. hutch6

hutch6 PetForums VIP

Hi Rona,

Couldn't be sure it was you or not but as I was i"in the zone" I didn't want to break my breathing pattern as I was in a hurry.
    I was too involved in something bad on TV and realised there was only a few hours before the chippy shut so I had to run there. The shorts and t-shirt were just a coincidence really.

I'll stop and say "Hi" next time.

13. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Its those super fit types that worry me. Especially when its midday in August and they are still running!:eek:

14. rona

rona Guest

I've got a brother in law like that, was suffering from a chest infection and still insisted on running, ended up in hospital. :rolleyes:
    He also had to have treatment for a irregular heartbeat earlier this year, and all he wanted to know was how soon could he get back to running

15. NoSpecialFeaturesHere

NoSpecialFeaturesHere PetForums Senior

I agree! I saw one lady jogging at 6am every single morning while I was walking my dogs all last winter. You remember how icy it was?! One of the worst days for ice, she slipped and fell down, got straight back up, and kept frigging running!! Insanity. lol.

...Saying that, she probably thought I was nuts for walking my dogs in all weathers too, so, to each their own.

16. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Good on him, i respect people like that that takes time and effort to lose weight rather than spending more time sitting thinking who they can blame for it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice