Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Respect to non-dog owners/people.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Horse and Hound, Apr 28, 2011.

1. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

I agree with you about the asian community as well, as in their culture they see dogs as "dirty". I have a group of asian men living down the road to me who are often outside so I always respect that they may not want my dog sniffing there wall or being near them etc so I would cross the road.

I have never had a problem with cyclists luckily but I do quite grumpy when I'm on my bike with people getting in the way on the cycle lane!

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Totally agree - it's a 2 way thing - give and take

I get a little peeved tho when it becomes all take and no give :D
    A situation I keep finding myself in at the mo :rolleyes:

3. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Ahhh, well you see if I feel someone's being ignorant about it then I tell them. I'm always shouting "your welcome" at people who don't say thanks1

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I dont really have much of a problem, probably coz I have teeny cute looking dogs so we dont often scare people. Plus they are polite to people walking, cyclists and joggers..just walk by quietly and usually look up and wag their tails as they go past (you never know when someone might lean down to fuss them so they like to look fuss deprived!!).
    I like them to be as approachable as possible though so let them walk by without pulling them back...mainly coz its amazing the amount of people who walk past and just randomly lean down and stroke them without warning.:rolleyes:
    If its on the street I will make sure we get out of the way for people though.;)

5. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

I bike alot and I try to do my best in respecting people with dogs, but I find some people just let their dogs run at me with those expendable leads, I cant tell how far and close that dog can get to me :eek: I try to bike further away but sometimes I put myself in danger having to get closer to busy traffic!

I got alot of dirty looks but its like hey keep your dog on a short lead and Ill bike around you further away, simple.

There was only one incident so far where both me and the dog owner were at fault. It was night time I was biking up the sidewalk area as I felt the road part was unsafe at that time of night. I was just coming infront of a drive way when I heard leaves rustle and noticed this dark figure and a small dark coloured dog.

Me for biking on the sidewalk and I had no lights at the time(do now)

Him for wearing dark clothing, and for not making his dog (which was a dark colour) more visible.

I plan when walking Sophie at night shes has a red light jacket, a light blinker thing on her colour and me wearing a bright sweater.

6. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

I wont let my guys pester people or go up to them, unless the person has come over to pay them attention. They're not allowed to jump up (and we're still working on this with Keyu)

If we are walking and a jogger comes, they are made to sit (and I hold Keyu's harness as she would want to leap into their arms, everyone is her friend apparently) If they are on their long leads they are recalled and reeled in so they cant chase

But if you come into my house then be prepared to be huskied :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice