Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Respect for others

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sallyanne, Jun 23, 2009.

1. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Where has it gone ?

Why are some dog owners so bloody ignorant,rude and show total lack of respect and consideration to other dog owners and other people,is this becoming more common or is it me ?

For instance O/H and our son went fishing early this morning and were pestered by offlead dogs,one bloke, he is a complete prat had run in's with him before when he decided to throw a stick up a tree which was inches away from our car,anyway this morning he decided to play frisbee with his dogs,he kept throwing towards our son and O/H who told him not once but a few times to go away and play elsewhere,there is a big field opposite the lake which is enclosed where dogs can go offlead and pester no one,but this guy would not go away so hubby ended up throwing a fit,he has been pestered by countless offlead dogs this morning.

So where has the respect for other people gone or do dog owners just think they can do as they please nowadays,or do we just live in an area full of numpties ?

2. bird

bird PetForums VIP

While some people at times just dont think, the other guy you're talking about sounds like he's spoiling for a punch.

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

That's a shame, that stupid man spoiled their day. People have definately got less respect for others.

Before we moved I often walked the dogs along the river.. there were often men fishing. I always grabbed the pups mum before she saw them as she would just jump all over them.
    Unless I didn't see them, in which case I would walk in another direction, cutting across the field to go round them.

One hot day I took the dogs down for a swim, at the time we had our foster rottie. There was a man fishing where I wanted to take the dogs, so I asked where I could let them swim. He just said 'oh let them in It wont take long for the fish to come back after you leave' then he got a big stick and played fetch with the rotti :)

Theres a few people rund here who don't care if their dogs annoy other people, but I always put mine back on the lead if someone is coming the other way.

xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice