UK Pet Forums Forum banner
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  kimthecat 
#1 ·
Hi all, new here, I have just been approved my license for home boarding & daycare.

I have a (nearly 2), female labrador, she is very friendly with dogs out an about and has been to dog daycare, dog socials etc no problem, we also have the neighbours dogs around a lot which she loves.

Ive put in my policy to meet new clients on neutral ground with my dog and once they've got to know each other to return to our home.

But just wondered if anyone had any advice on introducing new boarding/daycare dogs to their resident dog? Thanks.

#2 ·
You can make some posts, photos video about the real environment of the dog daycare.
Also, write something about your labrador's story to let others believe it's so friendly and won't hurt the new dog.
Have to ensure you can provide a clean and individual space for every pet.
Some entertainment and some medical support are also very important for people when choosing a boarding house.
Additionally, management is vital for you when more and more pets get into your daycare establishment.

#3 ·
When new dogs arrive for the meet-and-greet (before being accepted for boarding) my wife takes them straight out for a walk with our dog, Max, rather than allowing them into the home at all. Then when they have walked for a while, Max has no problem allowing them to enter the home with him.

You can see how we do things at my wife's website (I can't put a link here but you can easily find it on Google by searching for Gail's Home Dog Boarding in Morecambe)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.