Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rescued Jack Russell

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kirk68, Apr 30, 2011.

1. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

I don't know if it's the weather or not, but this is the second rescue story this week.

Have just come back from helping a friend pick a VERY pregnant Jack Russell Terrier bitch found in a pub car-park abandoned. She doesn't look more than 18 -24 months old and ready to drop any day now. The woman who found her last night took her in and spent all day today asking round to see if she was being missed by anyone and got nowhere.

She couldn't keep her as she has two cats that are terrified of dogs (blame the next door neighbours dog for that one) so she contacted a friend of mine for help. Of coourse Roz jumped in, borrowed a large crate/cage off me (I always have a spare) and we went along and brought her home.

The poor little thing seems very underweight but is otherwise clean and seems healthy enough. We've named her Lily and I think Roz will end up keeping her forever, despite her saying that she will only be staying til the pups are old enough to leave there mum. I can see the look in her eyes already :001_smile:

2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Sounds like the owner knew she was due and didnt want the expense of it all, how sad for that poor little dog, good job your freind found her in time. Don't bear thinking about what could of happened to her and her puppies, at least she have a good home now and will be cared for as she deserves. Well done.

3. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

Have been round there again and Roz says she's struggling to fuind something that the little dog will eat. All the dog owners round here are taking samples of their dogs food for her to try. The only thing that's tempted her so far is the sardines on toast that Roz had for her tea.

Have taken some photos of her, as you can see, she looks to have been really well cared for. I just don't understand why they would dump her like that. :mad:

Attached Files:

4. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Awww she looks sweet and very, very pregnant! It is hard to imagine how anyone could just leave her especially in that condition:(

I hope she settles down ok with your friend and well done to you both for going to get her and to your friend for taking her in and giving her some comfort.

5. Petloversdigest

Petloversdigest PetForums Senior

Poor little girl - hope the delivery goes smoothly and well done to you and your friend for offering help in her time of need! :thumbup:

6. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

When I went round earlier, she was on the sofa with Roz and Molly (standard poodle) and Monty and Caffrey (both cats) looking like she'd been there for ever. :001_smile::001_smile::001_smile:

7. kirstyS

kirstyS PetForums Member

Aww - she's gorgeous!
    Poor girl.

8. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

I'm still doing GGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! at how anyone could dump such a beautiful and friendly little girl in a car park in her condition. But at least she's safe now.

9. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

She will probably eat when she is hungry but I would suggest mixing some sardines into some dry food or dribble some sunflower oil over dry food (maybe she prefers it soaked).

Just want to add that you both have done a wonderful thing and she is one very lucky lady indeed. I hope she settles in quickly and that her pups are delivered safely.

Please, please keep us updated. :)

10. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

I will post pics of her again as soon as the pups are born but will try to keep you all updated as often as I can.

11. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

Has she been checked for a microchip. It would also be worth posting on doglost (as a dog found!) and also contact the local kennels/vets/dog warden.

She may well have been dumped, although as you say she looks well looked after and there may be a desperate owner looking for her - who knows, she may even have been stolen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice