Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rescued animals give hope in South Africa

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jenny copley, Jul 24, 2009.

1. jenny copley

jenny copley PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone!

My name is Jenny Copley and I'm the Senior Welfare Inspector for a small animal charity in the beautiful Eastern Cape Province of South Africa.

We run donkey, horse and farm animal clinics in disadvantaged communities, where people really love their animals but have few resources.

We rehabilitate any animals that come our way, including orphaned or injured wildlife.

Some of our rescued animals are used in therapy work to help abused children in temporary care.

If you'd like to see what we do or can help us with advice or suggestions, please feel free leave messages on this forum or contact us at [email protected]

Hope to hear from you! We've posted pics of some of our lovely animals.

2. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

3. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome! :D I used to live in South Africa! :D Its a lovely country, except the crime is just unbearable!

4. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Welcome to pet forum

5. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome sent you a message.

6. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Welcome to PF xxx

7. jenny copley

jenny copley PetForums Newbie

Thankyou all for your welcome! The crime is awful indeed, in some parts of South Africa but many areas are peaceful and almost crime free. My little house has no burglar bars, alarms or other deterrents.

I think that part of the problem is that richer people in South Africa choose not to be involved in the lives of poorer people. In areas like ours, where communities link together in upliftment projects, things are very different. I feel quite safe doing animals welfare work even in designated "no go" areas because of the level of trust.

It's a wonderful life and the weather is great too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice