Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rescued a dog last night

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Tacey, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Tacey

Tacey PetForums Senior

Me and my boyfriend found a dog last night. He ran out across a busy road in front of us with no owner in site, so we pulled over and went after him. He was happily trotting a long a path next to a field and I had to jog up to him to get hold of him because he wouldn't respond to anything.

He was a ginger coloured staffy (I think), he seemed quite friendly but not really interested in us. We called the number on his tag - which wasn't a proper engraved tag, someone had just scratched some wonky numbers onto metal disc - and managed to get hold of his owner. She sounded like she couldn't care less. :( In fact when she came to collect him she just moaned about not having time for him because she had children and actually offered him to us! (I'm not sure if she was joking :confused: ) Apparently he keeps jumping her 6 foot fence - so it's happened before. Poor thing, seemed like he was just taking himself for a walk.

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

That's a shame, he deserves better owners.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice