Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rescue

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Bijou, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Bijou

Bijou PetForums VIP

We sadly have around 10 BSD about to come on to our rescue ...their breeder has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and has realised that she very soon be unable to care for her dogs properly. They are all Tervueren or Grenendaels and aged from 6 months to 7 years ....I will be transporting them to foster kennels near here ( Lincolnshire) and then assessing them individually before finding them new homes.

If you think you may be interested or want to find out more then PM me for further details

Thanks

2. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

How sad - but how wonderful that the owner (breeder?) recognised her difficulties and put her dogs' welfare first. Hope you manage to re-home them quickly.

3. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Bumpty bump

Poor lady, how devastating for her :(

I hope you find lovely homes for them all

4. BeauNoir

BeauNoir PetForums VIP

Groenendaels are my favourite BSD's. You don't see them a lot.

Hopefully they will all find wonderful homes. If there is anything we can help with, please let us know. We aren't in a position to foster due to Quinn's fears (he was attacked by a GSD and anything with a big fluffy head is a no go for him) but if there is anything else at all.

5. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Poor lady, it must be hard for her to give them up :(

I'm sure they will find wonderful homes .

Bump ;)

6. Ponkies

Ponkies PetForums Junior

Aw, hope they all find homes soon.

7. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Ahh that poor lady, what a shame :(

Bumping back up, hopefully someone can help x

8. lemmsy

lemmsy PetForums VIP

Don't tell MerlinsMum (and any other Belgian lovers I might have rudely forgotten)! :p

9. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Oh dear what a shame poor lady hope the dogs find good forever homes

10. Bijou

Bijou PetForums VIP

I'm happy to say that we have managed to rehome all but two of the dogs that came onto rescue. The two who are still looking for new homes are:

RED - Entire male Tervueren

[​IMG]

He's 2 years old and is good with men , women and other dogs ( he has not been tested with, and has had no experience of children and I would not let him go to a family with youngsters ) . He is responsive and affectionate and shows no signs of aggression when being groomed or around his food . He knows nothing of the world and will need careful introduction to new things . He is not house, car or lead trained although he will now jump happily into our van for short trips and is happy to walk around our field on a lead. He has some digestive issues and is a bit loose , because of this he remains quite underweight despite being on a good quality diet. He spins a bit in the kennels . He does not know his name ( so this could be changed) or how to play with toys. He is very attentive to people and treat focussed and so would be easily trained. He would be a good agility or obedience prospect in the right hands.

Ringo - entire Male Tervueren

[​IMG]

6-7 years old. Ringo is very sociable and craves human attention, he becomes over excited though and can be very persistent doing lots of jumping up and clinging to anyone who shows him affection especially women He is dominant with other male dogs and over amorous with bitches ( this could be improved by castration). He has no experience with or been tested with children and will not be placed with a young family. He shows some food guarding but is happy to be groomed, will walk on a lead and travels well in our van. He will need careful introduction to new experiences having known nothing except for a small kennel for all of his 6 years. He is not housetrained, does not know his name and is not interested in toys. He'll do best in a household where he's either the only dog or is able to share with an easy going bitch. He'll need an owner with a bit of experience and time to work with this lovely boy.

If you know of anyone who may be able to help with rehoming these last two boys please PM me for more details.

#10 Bijou, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  11. JenKyzer

JenKyzer PetForums VIP

This is really sad :crying:
    Red is pulling on my heart strings right now with that beautiful face :001_wub:
    I'm glad the 'owner' has given them up and they now have a proper chance at a good life with a forever home :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice