UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, I only have the human version of rescue remedy in the house (which is in an alcohol base) and we are going out to fireworks display tonight. I don't know how my dog will react to fireworks (she has only been with us for 6 days), but she does have a bit of seperation anxiety.
Would it be ok to give her a few drops of rescue remedy in her water? Or is it a complete no-no because of the alcohol base?

Thanks for any advice :)

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
That's the same one I use. If it was going to be a regular thing then I would get the dog one, but as it's once in a while it's OK (I asked my vet just to check.) 4 drops on the tongue I give Dixie.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank-you :D I don't plan on it being a regular thing, I'm addressing her seperation anxiety in other ways but I'm concerned the fireworks may be a step too far. I do have a rather yummy looking bone as a distraction for her too.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I think it depends on the size/weight of the dog too. If the dog is a reasonable size I doubt it would be much of a problem but I wouldn't give anything with an alcohol base to Henri because he is so small (4lbs).

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
Quick question, I only have the human version of rescue remedy in the house (which is in an alcohol base) and we are going out to fireworks display tonight. I don't know how my dog will react to fireworks (she has only been with us for 6 days), but she does have a bit of seperation anxiety.
Would it be ok to give her a few drops of rescue remedy in her water? Or is it a complete no-no because of the alcohol base?

Thanks for any advice :)
I always use the regular version with my lot when needed, never even seen the dog version!

I was advised to put it on the back of my dogs neck like you would with a flea treatment.
By who?! :001_huh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.