Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rescue remedy-the human one!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by laurahair, Nov 5, 2012.

1. laurahair

laurahair PetForums Member

Quick question, I only have the human version of rescue remedy in the house (which is in an alcohol base) and we are going out to fireworks display tonight. I don't know how my dog will react to fireworks (she has only been with us for 6 days), but she does have a bit of seperation anxiety.
    Would it be ok to give her a few drops of rescue remedy in her water? Or is it a complete no-no because of the alcohol base?

Thanks for any advice :)

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

That's the same one I use. If it was going to be a regular thing then I would get the dog one, but as it's once in a while it's OK (I asked my vet just to check.) 4 drops on the tongue I give Dixie.

3. laurahair

laurahair PetForums Member

Thank-you :D I don't plan on it being a regular thing, I'm addressing her seperation anxiety in other ways but I'm concerned the fireworks may be a step too far. I do have a rather yummy looking bone as a distraction for her too.

4. mrsaxlrose

mrsaxlrose PetForums Member

I saw a homoepathic vet last Friday and he said it was fine to use as its just the same

5. jenniferx

jenniferx PetForums VIP

I think it depends on the size/weight of the dog too. If the dog is a reasonable size I doubt it would be much of a problem but I wouldn't give anything with an alcohol base to Henri because he is so small (4lbs).

6. mrsaxlrose

mrsaxlrose PetForums Member

I was advised to put it on the back of my dogs neck like you would with a flea treatment.

7. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

But how would that work?

8. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I always use the regular version with my lot when needed, never even seen the dog version!

By who?! :001_huh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice