UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if there are lots of other posts on this but I have a Doberman who I need to take on a 2hr car journey. She doesn't get car sick just really unsettled and anxious. I've been advised to put a few drops of rescue remedy on the back of her neck (and mine!) for the journey, does anyone have any experience with this? She is by nature very highly strung and hyperactive.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Never heard of it being put on the back of the neck but have heard of people spraying the spray version directly into the dog's mouth. I've met a Ridgeback who comes into kennels with Rescue Remedy spray that the owners ask us to spray onto his food. He seems like a pretty chilled out dog so maybe it does help him :)

RR definitely works on me, keep meaning to try it with my nervous dog but forgetting - this thread has reminded me to give it a go on our next scary walk.

ETA have you tried Adaptil? I put a bit of the spray version on Breeze's bed during storms and spray it in the car on longer trips and it soothes her quite quickly; lots of good reviews and you can get hold of it quite cheaply online (don't bother getting it from the vet!) http://www.adaptil.co.uk/

·
Registered
164 Posts
Interestingly, Which did a report on various (human) home remedies This month including RR and concluded it was no better than placebo. If you read the history and rationale of the Bach Flower Remedies its all mumbo jumbo. I think WeedySeaDragon's suggestions are more likely to be of help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.