Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rescue facility??

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by rose, Sep 18, 2013.

1. rose

rose PetForums VIP

2. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

I have been keeping a watch on this Venture rescue.
    They did have a black female mc cross and now have black mc cross kittens for rescue.
    To be honest i think they are breeding them to make a quick 100.

Could be wrong but have a strong feeling, and yes i think they are taking free/cheap cats as they now have a SR in rescue where i saw an advert to rehome one last month.

3. rose

rose PetForums VIP

I dont like that much :( If they are not inocculating/neutering etc they could be spreading disease. Not very responsible, just making a quick buck out of unwanted pets

4. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Hi CC...hope you are well. Yes, they have rather a lot of pedigree cats for a rescue. The rescue I foster for, when you look at their website, nine out of ten are black or black and white; also find it odd that some are insured. My local rescue do vax/microchip and neutering where appropriate, but the vax do not include leukaemia for financial reasons, and certainly they would not be paying insurance on them. They don't have the funds. Most little rescues are struggling.

5. Jonescat

Jonescat Don't do nothing. Do something.

6. tabithatabby

tabithatabby PetForums Member

on the website cats offered seem to be neutered and vaccinated, most pedigree rescues ask similar prices

I don't know of them at all so don't know why people are suspicious of them

7. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Minnie (Oriental black) was adopted via the OCWT for £100 in a home-2-home adoption, so £150 seems reasonable to me for a cat that's adopted from a shelter - they have more running costs.

The only thing that concerns me is that the cats are 'HOMEOPATHICALLY VACCINATED' e.g. you will need to get it done properly. The website is truely horrible with all that UPPER CASE and indifferent punctuation & spacing. It's really, really hard to read.

Edit: Having read the other thread, as said there there is a whole pile of important stuff missing form the website. Not sure that proves they are scamming though. It's like a hobby website from 10 years ago, before Wordpress became what it is.

#7 OrientalSlave, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice