Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rescue dog (manchester dogs home) being bred from

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by MichelleKitti, Apr 15, 2011.

1. MichelleKitti

MichelleKitti PetForums Junior

I am absolutely appauled that I have seen an advertisement on Preloved from member - listing Husky pups for sale at £300 and states on there that there is only one pup left and the price is low due to parent being from the Dogs home.

I honestly thought the new owners signed a contract at the dogs home saying the animal they rehome cant be breed or the animal is spayed or neutered?

I sent a message to this ignorant women on Preloved asking about the pup and apparantly its only 2.5 wks old - I am so upset. What can I do about this??? Who can I report it too?

#1 MichelleKitti, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
  2. SixStar

SixStar Banned

How sad :( I'm really not sure what can be done though, maybe contact the dogs home if you know what one the dog is from. I'd remove the users name from your post though, as it's merely advertising the advert (people from here go to look, which bumps the advert up in searches etc).

3. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Unfortunately its unlikely that you can do anything. Only think I can suggest is phone them up, pretending to be a potential buyer, get her name and address and ring round the local shelters.

PS Edited your post to remove specific details so the forum doesn't become involved in a slander issue :)

4. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

oh.my.god who the hell is buying a 2.5week old puppy?!?!?! :eek: :mad:

I dont think that rescues follow up with neutering? or dont neuter in some cases? I think that they should, IVe seen alot of 'oh we rescued her, pups for sale!' adverts, really makes me sick :( :mad:

5. MichelleKitti

MichelleKitti PetForums Junior

Thank you mod for removing that detail, I am sorry I didnt think....

I know which Dogs Home it is but wont state it on here, I have sent them an email and my friend who works there is on my facebook page and has seen my upsetting status regarding this and he just said it happens all the time!!!!!

I am going to look further into this as I know the Dogs Trust always spays or neuters there dogs when rehoming, they ask the owner to come back when the dog is 6mths old and if they dont they can apply to seize the dog back to them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice