Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Require Click for Quick Reply?

Discussion in 'Forum Technical Help and Issues' started by Viki, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Viki

Viki PetForums Senior

Hi guys,

Can you change 'require click for quick reply' in vbulletin to no please? I don't know about anyone else but having to click the quick reply button each time is a little bit of an annoyanceas it can be switched off.

I only know about this from a friends forum I used to help with :)

Just a thought,
    Viki

2. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Nobody has ever complained about this the whole time the forum has been up and running :confused:

3. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

I dont really understand? Where about is this? And if we did change it wht would it do? :blushing:

4. Viki

Viki PetForums Senior

It's a setting in vBulletin, basically it means the user has to click this button [​IMG] to use the quick relpy at the bottom of the thread, if 'quick reply requires click' is set to no in the forum settings it takes out the need to click that button.

Personally I think its a really annoying thing to have, its not like it prevents spam or anything, its completely pointless! :)

Just trying to help from my previous forum experience
    Viki

5. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

some of us were actually asking for the quick reply button be omitted when the forum first started ;)

Not complaining just asking...:cool:

6. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Ive never used the Quick Reply button...I just click on 'Post Reply' at bottom of page. :D

7. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Yep I do the same ;)

8. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

lol, Julie...how daft am i?....I didn't even realise it was there till i read this thread. :D
    But i do prefer the BIG post reply button...cant miss that...lol.. ;) :D

9. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I must admit I use quick reply quite a lot as my pop up blocker sometimes prevents the normal reply option. I personally have no problem with it being there.

10. Viki

Viki PetForums Senior

sorry i dont think i explained what i meant well enough, with this forum software (vbulletin) it's possible to turn off the setting that means you have to click on the quick reply button before being able to type in the quick reply box.

I didnt mean to take away the quick reply box altogether! and yes I realize not everyone uses quick reply, hope that clarifies :)

11. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

i know exactly what you were referring to...;)

being able to just type away in the box rather than hitting having to hit the button first :cool: is quicker & easier... hence quick reply :D

12. Viki

Viki PetForums Senior

but to use quick reply you still have to click on the quick reply button on a post right? there's a way to set that to 'no' in the options that means you can just go and type in the box no need to click that button first...:cool:

13. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

I know there is...:rolleyes:

I have been on about this very thing...:eek:

The admin either doesn't know about or doesn't want to allow the setting...:p

This could be because they don't want to or they don't want spammers quick replying...:cool: you tell me...:D

14. Viki

Viki PetForums Senior

lol sorry i must be tired!! haha good to know it's not just in my imagination then :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice