Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Request for pet piccies

Discussion in 'Dog Photo Galleries' started by mattwilcock, Jun 7, 2010.

1. mattwilcock

mattwilcock PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone

My name's Matt. I work for a company who is organising a big pet event in London this summer and we're putting together a story at the moment around pets. As part of the story we're looking for photographs of certain pets around the UK and I was wondering if anyone has photos of the following dogs?

Afghan Hound
    Black Poodle

If anyone owns any of these pets and would be happy to provide an image, the pet's name and where they're from, it'd be really, really appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt

2. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

What company do you work for?
    What is the event?
    Will you be paying for use of the images?

Some things to consider:

If you work for a company then you have an advertising budget which will allow you to pay for pictures on a stock site. Instead of coming to forums like this in a hope of getting free pictures from people.

Will you be making a profit from the event? If the answer is yes then you really should be paying for use of such pictures, whether from and amateur or professional.

:)

3. mattwilcock

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, we cannot at this time divulge information about the company.

What we can say is that while we could, as you have said, use stock imagery of animals, the purpose of the story is to find pet owners and their pets across the UK and give credit to these people and their pets. Buying stock imagery would negate the possibility of us doing this.

All the best.

4. mattwilcock

In addition,

The event is a completely free event in London this summer and all are welcome.

We are also of course more than willing to pay people for the use of their pet imagery.

Kind regards,

Matt

5. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Thank you for realising this should be the case. Far too many companies try and pull the "send us your pictures for credit" trick these days. It's slowly destroying the professional market. Many photographers can't earn a living through photography alone anymore.

The worst trick is companies who make it a competition. Then in their terms is says by entering you are allowing them to use you picture however they like. So in reality, even if the company has a £10,000 prize for the winning shot, they will receive in excess of £100K of stock photography which they can use when they like for free.

May I ask what the images will be used for? and what will be the price you are willing to pay for images?

Thanks!

6. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Could you please clear this through one of the moderators giving details before asking for pictures of forum members dogs.

7. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Hi Tashi, i'm curious as to how we can stop them just taking our pics.:confused:
    Just to add, i'd know my 2 anywhere.;)

8. London Dogwalker

London Dogwalker PetForums Senior

As a Londoner, I'd be interested in hearing what event this is for? :)

9. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Exactly! And whilst we're on the subject, some of our photos have completely disappeared from our photo processing account? :confused1:

We have removed many of the old ones from here too, to prevent further theft! :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice