Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Repetitive swollen nose problem!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Helena Kontowtt, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Helena Kontowtt

Helena Kontowtt PetForums Newbie

We have a 3yr old female rescue rottiexstaffie over the past 5 weeks she has had swelling in the left side of her snout. This has come and gone a bit, so initially we took her to the vet as she was swollen, clearly in pain and very lethargic, he gave her a steroid injection and off we went. Swelling subsided and all returned to normal. 10-12 days later back to the same, booked her in to go back, next day she sneezed and all was fine so we didn't take her. 2 weeks later same happens again, took her to the vet again, this time her temp was raised and they gave anti inflammatory and antibiotics, all was well and returned to normal. Got home at lunchtime today and she's back to being very subdued, shy and looks like a bit of swelling has returned again... Obviously I'm going to take her back to the vet and hope for scans but wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar or may have any clues? We don't get bees or wasps around the house and garden, our garden is astroturfed and we purposefully walk not in long grass due to the other dog having allergies...

2. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

I would expect the vet had investigated teeth and salivary glands (for stones).

3. Helena Kontowtt

As far as I'm aware yes: the vet has done as thorough an examination as she could both times given the pain my dog was in... They said everything in her mouth looks fine

4. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

This is a bit of a mystery. Good luck with any further investigations and please update if you get a diagnosis.

5. Helena Kontowtt

I will do, that k you at the minute she's okay in herself and doesn't seem in pain so I will wait to take her to the vet I think. However this morning she was obsessively scratching her snout... Not sure if I should be worried about that?

6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I’d be worried about a grass seed so if she’s no better in a couple of days it might be necessary to sedate her for a thorough inspection.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice