Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rent a Dog for the Weekend? Outrageous!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by gingerwilliam, Dec 12, 2007.

1. gingerwilliam

gingerwilliam PetForums Newbie

Hi
    I joined this forum to give my daughter a helping hand in her campaign to raise awareness of a tragic new departure into madness - Rent a Dog!
    A "business venture" is due to start up in London - fresh from USA! - whereby for about £30 you can hire a dog for a weekend! I'm actually speechless!
    The poor things will get shoved from pillar to post - not knowing who to attach to! It's called Flex Pets - presumably short for Flexible Pet Ownership!
    Please Click Here to sign a petition that we've just started. Let's spread the word and at least let people know what's going on.
    Many thanks for your time.

2. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi and welcome
    this sort of thing has been going on in japan for few years now, there was a report on it on tv i watched with amazement,
    you do feel for the dogs and where are this flex pets gonna get the dog from is another question to ask
    for any good breeder will check and i would of thought that they wouldnt sell a dog to them as i wouldnt

3. What an idiot could possible invent this..........................Signed.
    Can they also rent out a child?

4. May I forward this please?

5. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

Omg! That's terrible

6. kaharec

kaharec PetForums Newbie

iv added petition to ute forums as well , this is just barbaric who ever had that idea is as bright as a blackout:mad:

7. AJ

AJ Guest

Is this a real thing?
    I've searched google and cant find an actual website for them just hearsay on forums!

8. claire

claire Guest

and if its not this is the sort of time ya kids or you, get bit when ya got a strange dog in strange surroundings surely????

9. AJ

AJ Guest

omg, i so feel like sending them some abuse!

10. claire

claire Guest

thats aweful i cant help but think how cassie would feel being passed around, dogs are creatures of habit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. AJ

AJ Guest

Exactly, these poor dogs are gonna get their hearts broken time and time again! Its just evil!

12. claire

claire Guest

dogs are so loyal its just torture for them, if we go anywhere ya cant take dogs we leave cassie at my mums, who she knows mum very well and she still whines then so god knows how these poor dogs feel

13. AJ

AJ Guest

We're the same he comes virtually everywhere with us and he hates being left at my mums when we go anywhere he can't even though he loves his granny!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice