Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Removing tic,s

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Amin, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

So "Indie, is out in The Garden/s and come,s home with a tic or tiny wee beastie on His ear, It was stuck or embedded on his skin, I managed to get it out and it looked like a tic, was still alive anyway.

Is this normal for cats to get, He sometimes comes home with slugs and twigs stuck to his Belly,:rolleyes: Which We clean off and brush him.

Is there any treatment I can get for him, or is it a case of just making sure he,s not got any on him and giving him a good brush etc. He cleans himself everyday but I doubt he would get tic,s out of his ears or head area.

Any advice here. ta

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

If it is a tick, you have to be careful removing them, as the head can break off and be left attached, then it can case problems. You can get special tick removers to make it easier.

Most spot on flea treatments and frontline spray does ticks and fleas. So if he does keep getting him it might be an idea to use those regularly.

3. pinkfluffyballs

pinkfluffyballs PetForums Member

Eric recently had a few, the frontline took a while to kill them off just make sure you remove the whole tick and then make sure the tick is dead as they are quite resilient!!

Check your cat's armpits, great hiding place which gets overlooked! Also, the tail, Eric had a HUGE one on there which I missed!

4. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Thanks, He,s into everything rummaging around outside, You would think he,s been down the pits at times :rolleyes:. He likes getting cleaned up, Brushed and made a fuss of so that's half the battle. Will keep a close eye on him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice