Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Remembering an old friend.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sequeena, Aug 18, 2009.

1. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I can't believe it's 3 years this year since one of my good friends sadly lost her battle to heart failiure.

She was a wonderful person, one of the true stars in this world. She never once complained about her condition and was always there to help when you needed it the most.

I've known her since nursery and she was one hell of a laugh. It's so strange to think that she's not with us anymore.

RIP Claire, God I don't half miss you x

Claire Pike (1988 - 2006)

2. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

What a sad sad story, sending hugs to you. I've never lost a close friend or family member so I do not know what it truly feels like but my wishes to you :( xx

3. animallover111

That is so sad...so young too.......xxx...hugs....

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

It was so sad :( after we left school nearly everyone went their seperate ways...no-one knew about facebook at that point so we had to find out by word of mouth.

It was horrible when we all found out. I missed her funeral as I was ill at the time but I went up to her grave afterwards.

I'm not sure what I was expecting but it definitely wasn't a mound of earth. It was so final, so impersonal for a girl who truly lived life to the fullest :(

5. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Time goes by so quickly, keeping her memory alive is the nicest thing you can do.

I know through personal experience time doesn't heal, just gives you the ability to cope better with it.

If you ever need to talk just pm me

xx

6. animallover111

A boy i went to school with was killed in his 20's..he was on his motorbike...he was bike mad at school......there was loads of us from school at his funeral......his family were devastated but pleased so many of his school friends went.....he has just become a dad too......:(

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Thanks, I'm ok :)

I've come to terms with her death now but it's like when MJ or Princess Diana died...You just can't believe they're not here.

8. jilly40

jilly40 PetForums VIP

im so sorry for your loss. hugs to you hun xxxx

9. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

That's the worst :(

When John died his son had just had a baby girl (not the son obviously lol) it was absolutely horrendous :( Hundreds came to the funeral, we couldn't get them in the chuch x

10. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Omg, how sad! And she was very young! My dads sister lost the fight against cancer at 21! :eek: :( Sending hugs to you! XXX R.I.P Claire!

11. animallover111

It must be awful to loose someone so young who hasnt lived their life...also when children loose their parents at such a young age......it really isnt fair....:(

12. animallover111

Thats sad too....21 is far too young...your dad must of been devastated at losing his little sister......:( xx

13. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Reminds me of these tragic deaths not so long ago which happened at Kielder. Victoria attending the school where I'm just starting and everybody there knew her, and she was expected to go to Oxford or Cambridge. Also, the village where she lived (Kirkwhelpington) is such a close knit community that it devastated them too. The high school closed on the day of the funeral as many teachers and students wanted to attend the funeral. It was shocking...:(

Community turns out to honour tragic Kirkwhelpington father and daughter - Northumberland communities - Bellingham

14. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

So sad. They always say the good die young.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice