Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

remember me

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by rottielover, Jul 5, 2009.

1. rottielover

rottielover PetForums Junior

Hi i don't know if u remember me but I asked a while ago about my dog not tieing and i know some of you were interested to find out if she was pregnent or not.i took her to the vets friday as she was having a discharge the vet gave her some antibiotics because she thinks it moght be a little infection she had a feel for any pups she thinks that she may not be pregnant but was unsure she was first mated on the 8th of june the 9th an then again on the 11th none of these times did a tie occur as we were watching her and the male the whole time the only time we think they might have tied would of been for about 60 secs so she would be nearly 4 weeks gone if she is what I am trying to ask is could the vet be wrong her attitude seems to have changed a bit and when she is laying down her bell seems to be more rounded when she did see the vet she was panting so heavily and was'nt staying still everytime i try and touch her belly her head goes straight there to see what i amd doing any advice on ths matter would be greatly appreciated .Thanks x

2. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Hi, yes i rememeber your last thread, sorry but i dont really know alot about breeding dogs, so i cant give any advice!
    but ur dog is lovely!

3. rottielover

thankyou very much Cavalierlover123 chelsea is my baby she is the most loveliest dog in the world x

4. clueless

clueless Banned

I would keep a close eye out for signs of Pyo if I was you. Maybe get her scanned and then you will know oif she is carrying

5. kristy

kristy PetForums Member

You could get her scanned, depending where you are you should try and get maybe a sheep scanner to do it as some vets arnt always that good:rolleyes:
    we paid £30 and the guy came to our house and did it.

6. rottielover

hi kristy where are you located i am in england i did ask the vets how much it would cost for scanning got told £80 and also I should of stated that she seems absolutely fine in herself drinking pooing weeing fine not eating that much though

7. kristy

kristy PetForums Member

im in blackpool,lancashire, the guy who did ours is based in preston but does the surrounding areas. theres quite a few who do it all over and charge around that, where abouts are you i might be able to get you a number.

8. rottielover

hi i am in south east london I just want to be sure so if she is pregnant we can sort out a whelping box and get everything we need for her ready

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice