Rehoming my indian beauty

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by Mrs stevens, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Mrs stevens

Mrs stevens PetForums Newbie

Im looking for a forever home for my beautiful Besenji/Pariah Hound. I found Indi on the streets on India when she was 7 weeks old. My lifestyle since returning to the uk has been unpredictable and i am unable to offer my friend stability. This will be the hardest thing I have ever had to do and its taken a long time to come to this conclusion but I know its for Indis best interest. If anybody is remotely interested in this story and my dear Indi, could you please pop my over an email for further details. She like long walks and she bundles of fun and energy. She is looking for a best friend who can take care of her and do lots of fun things together. Thanks <3

Attached Files:

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Please go through a rescue if you must rehome her.

SpringDance and simplysardonic like this.
  3. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

It's against Forum rules to offer pets for rehoming I'm afraid. As Lurcherlad says, please, please get in touch with a reputable rescue organisation to rehome her. Don't offer her on Pre-loved or any such similar sites, and defrinitely not ' free to good home'

simplysardonic and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. Mrs stevens

Hello staff member can you please delete my writing? I was under the impression that it was allowed as a discussion on here as i noticed others writing similar things. And pre loved never entered my mind. Im not going to just offer my beautiful friend to the first person that says yes dont worry. She's to precious for that... im also in no rush to re home her. It has to be perfect for her.

Calvine likes this.
  5. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Commander of a tiny, furry army
    Staff Member

I second contacting a rescue organisation to help you rehome her, definitely please don't hand her over to the first person who makes contact with you on here.

@Mrs stevens I'd like to keep this thread open so you can let us know how it goes if that's OK?

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Can I leave this open for now, and ask that you keep us informed about Indi's rehoming ?
    We've asked for further clarification regarding the rules.

simplysardonic likes this.
  7. Mrs stevens

Hi yes i already said i wasnt going to do that. I was reaching out because shes a specific dog, I may struggle to rehome. I was thinking along the lines of wider audience. But after chatting to some rescue centres today I know realise your concerns. Indi is my number 1 priority and I would sooner keep her than see her go to a less than perfect home. If it wasnt for the fact i lost my job and I am now homeless, and sofa surfing at the moment, I would keep her with me. This has being going on for a few month now and its not getting any easier. Its no life for her. I want the best for her always even if that means giving her up!

simplysardonic and SusieRainbow like this.
  8. CuddleMonster

CuddleMonster PetForums VIP

Hi, I'm also homeless and sofa surfing, but I still have my dog with me. It's not ideal, but I think my dog would rather be with me than rehomed. Dogs vary in their needs, but if Indi has a close bond with you, she'd probably far rather deal with a little disruption and stay with you than have a stable home with a stranger.

If you do have to rehome though, PLEASE do it through a reputable rescue. My dog was privately rehomed by her first owner because she wanted her to go direct to a good home rather than be put in foster care. The 'good' new owners beat her and ill-treated her before deciding that they didn't want a dog after all and were going to destroy her...which is where I came in. It's taken years to undo the damage and Bonnie still has some issues because of her ill treatment. Most rescue centres place dogs in foster homes and they vet potential new owners in a way that you would be unable to do, so unless you can leave Indi with a close friend or relative you trust completely, a rescue centre is the only safe way to rehome.

Please let us know how you get on. Hoping for a happy ending for you both. xxx

Lurcherlad likes this.
  9. Mrs stevens

IMG_20171124_155200998.jpg IMG_20171112_125326602.jpg Im keeping indi. After getting my head back together after some simultaneously bad experiences i realise she is my dog. My baby, and weve had too much of a journey together to just let somebody else have her. She wouldnt suit anyone else.... shes my best friend. My number 1. Love the bones of her.

10. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

So pleased, she's a real beauty !
    Good luck, keep us updated.

11. CuddleMonster

CuddleMonster PetForums VIP

Pleased you've decided to keep her -she is beautiful and obviously you have a close bond with her. It's certainly a lot harder when you don't have a stable home (and does make finding a new home/job a bit more difficult) but I've no regrets about hanging onto Bonnie. One thing I have found is that being homeless does make you re-evaluate what is important to you. I'm amazed now by how weighted down other people are by 'stuff' and by having the latest, biggest, best of everything. I am still longing for my own home, but my expectations of what that home needs to be like are now very different and I hope that once I have it, I am going to keep the focus that I have now.

Let us know how you get on.

Lurcherlad likes this.