Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Registering with GCCF?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by becbec31, Jun 26, 2009.

1. becbec31

becbec31 PetForums Member

Hi i am a new breeder of BSH. I have two queens a cream self and lilac tortie colourpoint. They are being mated with a choc self BSH, All registered and correct, however I saw on a breeders website something about selling her colourpoint stud as the GCCf have changed the rules on breeding colourpoints and selfs? Could anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks ;)

2. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

I tried to help but the registration policies are currently being amended and are not available at the moment. I can't see anything on February's agenda that suggests any change in the British registration policies though. The latest version I can find is here:

http://www.colourpointedbritish.co.uk/bshregpol.pdf

Perhaps the breeder's website hasn't been updated for some time?

According to the registration policy above, any self that has a silver or colourpoint parent goes either on the reference register (therefore unshowable) or, on the breeder's request, on the supplementary register but only as non-active. That would mean that a colourpoint stud would be no use to a breeder of selfs and I suspect that is what is behind her selling on her stud. Since the great majority of kittens are sold as pets, it need not concern you too much unless you were intending to keep a kitten from your colourpoint girl.

Does that help?

Liz

3. becbec31

becbec31 PetForums Member

Thanks for your reply. That link was a massive help thanks!! Im Planning to sell for pet only so thats not a problem for me at all.

Again thanks for your help Im new on here so may have lots more questions., really appreciate it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice