Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

registering kittens

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by pauline41, May 7, 2010.

1. pauline41

pauline41 PetForums Newbie

Hi I wondered if anyone can help me, I recently took my maine coon cat to stud, she is on active with the tica, the stud is gccf and I see all his pedigree etc.

She is now in kitten and I have been reading my paperwork and I asked them for a mating cert as I need to send one in to register the kittens when they are born, they said they had never done one before?? Red flag has gone up and I said can I reg the kittens they said we dont know? He is on active but has no certificate of entity with the gccf?

Can I register my kittens? this is my first time breeding so please be kind!

2. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

I assume you will be registering your kittens with TICA as your queen is TICA registered.

Certs of entirity and Mating Certs are GCCF requirements and I don't think apply to TICA registrations. This explains it a bit better Registering a litter with TICA

colliemerles likes this.
  3. dharma66

dharma66 PetForums Senior

Bit worrying though that a supposedly GCCF stud has no certificate of entirety.

Did his GCCF pedigree certificate say that he's on the active register?

Maybe it's the studs first mating, which is why they've never done a mating certificate?

Fair enough if you don't need this to register your litter with TICA, but it would be nice to get to the bottom of why a GCCF stud owner can't provide GCCF paperwork...

#3 dharma66, May 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
  4. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Perhaps it's a new stud owner? Getting an entirety certificate is not difficult and should cost them nothing, they just print it off and get their vet to sign it when they go for something else such as booster vaccinations. However if their stud is not GCCF registered I think you need a certified pedigree before you can register kittens with the GCCF. To register kittens with TICA your girl would need to be registered with TICA. That might be the easiest solution. You have plenty of time to sort it out anyway.

Liz

5. Alansw8

Alansw8 PetForums Senior

Regarding cert of entirety, they need to take the boy to the vets so they can check him over ie 2 veg , best way to put it and that they are both dropped so to speak ( hmmm memorys of cough and drop ) so they can register him as entire then comes the situation regarding which registration bodys with him or parents been tica registered and providing the information to the gccf if thats the body you wish to register the kittens under.

Hope that helps a little.:D:D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice