Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Register a Sphynx with Tica when his over 14 months old

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Gabriel Rafira, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Gabriel Rafira

Gabriel Rafira PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone,
    I'm new here and very unexperienced and I need some help if possible.
    In January I bought a sphynx cat . I've been asked if I want the cat registered to Tica for an extra 350£ and I wasn't sure I will ever breed so i said no. The lady that sold the cat said I can decide later and she gave me the pedigree papers of the parents of the cat.
    Now I just contacted her to say I'm willing to buy the breeding rights and she said it's to late , its been over 14 months .I've asked if she can at least transfer the cat ownership on Tica to my account and she said its to late now.
    Is there any way I can register the cat if I have the pedigree paper of his parents?
    I only need it to register my litter of kittens to prove they have pedigree.

Thank you

2. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

The answer is no, you cannot register the cat using breeder generated pedigrees, TICA require far more than that.

But I am confused, did you buy an unregistered cat as a pet that you then bred from, or is the cat actually registered but still in the breeders ownership??

spotty cats likes this.
  3. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

There was no reason to pay extra for a registered pet (and all pets should be registered) and while breeding rights cost extra they should never be handed out on a whim.
    There may have been other restrictions on being registered for breeding in your contract and that's why the breeder is now saying it's too late?

Sounds like you've bred a litter before making sure all the paperwork was taken care of?
    I hope you at least HCM scanned your girl before breeding

4. Gabriel Rafira

Gabriel Rafira PetForums Newbie

The breeder I bought him from said that if shes gone register him as a pet on Tica than she wont be able to give me the breeding rights latter on if I change my mind so I sbould wait until I decide .I just didnt know there was a time limit .
    Its there a time limit on registering?

5. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

Most registries do have a time limit on litter registrations, and 14 months is really rather old to be looking at registering a cat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice