UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this came up in a thread over the last week as I've been away, but this is regarding the post a while ago where LK were offering a sample of their new cat food where you had to email them to register your interest..

I got another email about it the day before I went on holiday (last Thursday) and was massively disappointed to find out that all they've done is create a complimentary dry food.. Something I completely do not see the point in! :(

I've sent for a sample anyway, but was really expecting it to be new varieties of their wet food.

Did anyone else get the email?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yup very disappointing - they mentioned the teeth cleaning "benefits" too :rolleyes:

You'd think that if they were going to offer dry (which they acknowledge as inappropriate on their site) then they'd at least make it complete.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Yup very disappointing - they mentioned the teeth cleaning "benefits" too :rolleyes:

You'd think that if they were going to offer dry (which they acknowledge as inappropriate on their site) then they'd at least make it complete.
Unless, of course, they are going down the route of other manufacturers and are providing a complementary wet to complement their dry :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
it's def a complimentary dry food which seems pointless but it said it's grain free so I thought I'd try the sample and see if Boo Boo kibble fiend likes it as a treat.
A complementary dry food? Only ever seen one before, which was basically just venison with some other bits and bobs. What's the point?

Sorry, from a previous thread on this I thought they were bringing a dry and a complementary wet to market. Must have misread that, sorry.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
A complementary dry food? Only ever seen one before, which was basically just venison with some other bits and bobs. What's the point?

Sorry, from a previous thread on this I thought they were bringing a dry and a complementary wet to market. Must have misread that, sorry.
yep this is part of the email they sent

As you know we have been busy in the kitchen for the last two years and have finally produced a new recipe to join our existing cat food range. We are extremely excited to tell you that our brand new complementary dry recipe for cats and kittens is now ready for tasting– our Crunchy Chicken Cat Snack! This cat food is truly unique– completely grain free and meal-free, packed full of fresh organic chicken, sweet potatoes and carrots and our special selection of botanical herbs. A truly healthy snack especially for cats that will give them the crunchiness they need.

As a complementary food, our new cat snack is ideal served alongside one of our Organic Dinners for Cats, or can be used as a healthy and nutritious treat for especially well behaved cats and kittens. You can either mix it in with our wet food or leave out for your cat to graze on throughout the day.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Our sample arrived a few days ago (a huuuge bag!) and Yuki loves it. They look like tiny Weetos :D I offered her a few off my hand and she ate them up in seconds. We've replaced her Orijen 6 Fish dry with it (she has a small amount down at all times to eat between wet meals if she wants it) and she really enjoys it. I think we'll buy it when the big bag of her current stuff runs out.

How is it going down elsewhere?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Oscar has loved it, although he is now on an all wet diet so not sure I would buy this except perhaps to keep as a treat for him.

Wilbur can't eat it at all as he is on a special diet.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi

Is anyone able to find the food online as I looked at their website and cant find it. I dont know whether anyone has the link for the free sample :)

S
There's nothing online about it as it's not yet been launched. You need to be on the tasting panel to get a sample - maybe drop Lily's Kitchen an email and say you're interested.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.