Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Refusing to go out in rain

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tinaK, Sep 6, 2013.

1. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Daisy's flatly refusing to go out for a pee in the rain. I've not got a garden, so have to take them out

The bit of grass is right near my house, but she's get to the front door and looks at the rain and refuses to go out. If I carry her, so just pulls to get back inside.

The thing is she will pee in the house if she wants to go :(

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I think I would just resign myself to standing in the rain with her until she pees and learns that she will not get back inside until she has. Might take a while but I am sure she'll get the idea!

Mine get made to go out and out they stay until they have "performed".

3. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Yep just done that and it worked :) Clover's just done the most horrendous runny smelly poo . not like her :(

4. blossomsuz

blossomsuz PetForums Member

My 6 month old girl does this!

My older male will rush out and do his business asap so he come go back inside but Daisy just stands and looks at me as it to say "why am I here in this you mean woman?!" :D

I take a brolly and stand telling her to go "wee wee" and "poo poo" till shes does it. They will do both those on command so I guess that helps but I did have soggy feet this morning :rolleyes:

5. stranger23

stranger23 PetForums Senior

Mine are the same unless i put their coats on and the hoods up :rolleyes:

The pup got to see rain for the first time today and i took her into the garden and stood with her until she went :)

6. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

Milly hates the rain.She goes out in it and wees and comes straight back. Misia hasn't wee'd yet today unless she did it when I didn't notice when I went to the kitchen-she hasn't done it in the house anyway.

7. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Out of all our dogs, our Daisy is the one who'll refuse to go outside in the rain unless we force her. Maybe it's something to do with the name ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice