Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Red Robin leaf colour

Discussion in 'Gardening Advice' started by Gemmaa, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

I'm possibly being stupid and might just have less vibrant varieties, but does anyone know if there's a knack to getting the new leaves bright, bright red? Ours are quite bright but they're more like a rusty red instead of crimson...if that makes sense ;) they're healthy and are all in the sun.

Thank you!

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

There are several varieties of Photinia, so maybe yours is exactly as it should be?

Mine is tipped with cream which came as a bit of a surprise if I'm honest! ;)

If it says Red Robin on the label I should be red, but perhaps the label was wrong! :)

Gemmaa likes this.
  3. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

That would make sense, at least I'm not doing something wrong ;). I thought maybe they were getting too much sun and had faded, but I've just moved one from a north facing patch.
    Will be interesting to see how the variegated one goes, and maybe the new plain one will turn out to be a more vibrant red :).

Cream tips! :eek:

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Loads of plants are wrongly labelled. Like the white currant bush I bought, nurtured until it fruited and it turned out to be red currant. I don't like red currants.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice