Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Red, raw skin

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by cinnamontoast, Nov 28, 2012.

1. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Bear has developed what appears to be an allergy. His skin has always been redder than his brother's and he feels warmer than Zak, too. He's a bit OCD and likes to lick/chew so has had a buster collar on recently if unsupervised.

I've removed all cereal from his diet. This has helped, as has the evening primrose oil. He's raw fed, nothing new in his diet. What else can I do? Elimination diet to see if he's allergic to his food? I feed a lot of chicken, hope it's not that!

2. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

Is there maybe a blood test vets can do to see if he has any allergies?

3. totallypets

totallypets PetForums Senior

I think an elimination diet is the way to go or maybe you could do it in reverse removing one protein source at a time for a period of 2/4 weeks and then adding it back in or removing another protein source to see if you can spot a trigger.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice