Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Recycling of birds

Discussion in 'Poultry and Waterfowl Classifieds' started by MADgical-Animals-UK, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Recycling of birds.
    If you live within 30 miles radius of the A49 Preston Brockhurst, Shropshire and you are killing off or have no more use for any unproductive, old or unwanted birds such as pigeons, poultry or waterfowl don't just bin them, please let me have them as a source of natural food for my pets.

2. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

oooooh gross

3. So what do you feed your dogs on?

At least my animals are carnivores and I'm honest about what my pets are fed on, at least by offering this service I get free meat and offal and it saves these birds and other things going to land fill or being cooked up pansy animal breeders who can't feed their pet on raw meat, I also put my dogs longevity down to a natural diet.

They get raw meat six days a week, be it that their meals started off in fur or in feather.

If you don't like it then please don't read my requests

4. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Didn't mean to offend it was meant in a 'funny' sort of way we would feed on raw if we had room for storage but with 12 dogs it is not feasible. I worked in a hunt kennels so used to have to 'prepare' the animals for feeding. I am not knocking what you do or the way you feed, sorry if you read it like that!!

5. The problem is that you can't see the persons face or read their minds when they are at the other end of a computer.

Plus i've had so much hate mail because of what i'm doing, as some people have got the idea that i am feeding these birds / rabbits LIVE to my pets, which if English is their first language they should be able to read what i wrote even with my spelling.

6. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

if my hubby had seen this he would have offered you me :eek:

7. thickskinned

thickskinned PetForums Junior

hope you find what you are looking for.
    its all nature after all if the dogs lived in the wild the would be eating the same thing.

8. wiggy

wiggy PetForums Junior

Hey, i know so many people who feed raw. Are you only looking for birds? Only becasue for certain animals its best to vary their natural diet and you have to feed veg, pulses etc if feeding dogs raw.
    My mate does a road kill run! Its surprising how many phesents she finds - especially this time of year when hunting season is upon us!

Good luck x

9. Tasha

Tasha PetForums Senior

we have a wolf sanctury near us and my step dad collects road kill for them (need a throwing up icon) anyway he picks up a badger on the way up to us one weekend and forgets its in the boot a load of other stuff gets dumped in on top and two weeks later mum and Paul go off on holiday I take the car in for service and they refuse point blank to work on it so I take it home deal with the lunchtime wave of morning sickness and set about cleaning the car I wash scrub blast and wax the outside until I can see my face in the paint work I vacumn sweep and shampoo the upholstery polish scrub and rub the window and fittings having worked my way round to the boot I pull out hose off and freshen up wellies (Pauls an eco farmer) load the jumpers jackets and coveralls into the washing machine and pick up an innocent looking binbag from which RUNS the decomposing remains of the badger UNLEASHING a smell that would put the farts on the beans epic to shame and flies that would have better suited a candyman scene at which point the bag and myself end up on the drive in a heap having come to and got over an induced wave of nausea I hose the driveway AND the boot shampoo scrub rub deoderise and vomit for NINE days opting to leave the boot OPEN for MAXIMUM airing I tidy everything BACK into the car and return it to the garage for servicing I park it for Pauls return and the best he could muster was WHAT A WASTE OF WATER!!!!!! :sneaky2::prrr:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice