Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Recurrent Cystitis

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by nanamoo, Jul 6, 2009.

1. nanamoo

nanamoo PetForums Member

hi, i have a 1 yr old neutered male that suffers with Recurrent Cystitis, he is currently on 1 cystaid tablet a day, he is also on wet food and has a small amount of dry a day

i was just wondering if there is anything else i could be doing or giving him to reduce the chances of the cycstitis coming back?

thanks for your time reading this

2. suns

suns PetForums Newbie

Hi one of my gilrs had it .Can you try your cat on sardines in tomatoe sauce, something in then helps.Also i would cut out the dried foods for a while.

3. nanamoo

nanamoo PetForums Member

thanks i will try that later, he only gets about a couple of teaspoons worth of dry per day compared to what he had before his problems, he was on an all dry diet then, and even then the dry is only used to get him home at night lol

4. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

Our oldest female had several bouts of cystitis when she was around 12 months (now 11 years!). It later turned out to be ideopathic but the vets gave her a very low dose of valium for a short while. But I do stress hers was ideopathic (stress related due to death of older resident cat). I seem to remember one of the homeopathic firms could recommend something - try Dorwest herbs to see if they offer anything?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice