Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Recommended Breeders of Maltipoos

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trishw12, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Trishw12

Trishw12 PetForums Newbie

I am looking to bring a Maltipoo into our family bit I want to make sure that I'm getting a puppy from a good loving and reputable home.

Can anyone who has a Maltipoo in the North West or surrounding areas make any recommendations please.

2. Nicola234

Nicola234 PetForums Senior

Hi I have no idea about breeders near you but with crosses like this you need to make sure that both the bitch and dog have had the tests needed as the pups can get the problems from both breeds. A lot of research is needed into both the breeds.

Happy Paws2 and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Why do you want this cross breed? Why not get a well bred Maltese or a well bred poodle instead of buying a pup from someone who is probably looking to make money by breeding a "poo"?
    Both have non-shedding coats, both are small, both are sweet natured but intelligent. Why not find a good breeder of one or the other, you will likely have much more luck than trying to find an ethical breeder of this particular crossbreed.

4. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

Please be aware this is NOT a 'breed' of dog, it's a designer cross breed but nevertheless a mongrel! Yes you could be lucky & find one that is the Best of both breeds but equally you could be unlucky & get the Worst of both breeds ! If your just looking for a mongrel then have a look at a rescue dog, ok you may take your chance there too but at least you will have given a dog a loving home rather than encouraging people who are breeding crossbreeds just to make money by bringing even more dogs into the world, when there are already enough here looking for a good home. Please reconsider.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice