Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Recommend me a running lead

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Niamhsdad, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Niamhsdad

Niamhsdad PetForums Newbie

Hi All.
    I've started running with my dog - lab collie x - and want to get a lead that will be up to the job. Her current one is a bog standard lead which is a bit of a pain as I have to hold it. I've seen velcro ones that go around your wrists or the belt style ones for around your waist. Most of our running is off the lead in the forest which is fine, but I want something to use to get her there in the first place!
    What do you suggest?
    (1st post - be gentle!)

2. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Hi!

Not sure to be honest but will be interseted to hear your answers as my OH wants to go running with Bella when she is old enough!
    I think the waist leads are the most common!

:)

3. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome

i found this

Hands Free Waist Dog Jogging Lead For Running or Walking With Your Dogs 10% OFF

4. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TRPD are selling these (all profits go to rescues!!) for £7 incl postage and packing. Not sure if they'll be suitable???? :D

5. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

6. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

7. Niamhsdad

Thanks for the replies everyone. The canicross gear looks great but perhaps a touch expensive and slightly more 'nordic' than we need. :):)
    I'd already found a couple of the others from a quick google! If there's no personal recommendations I think I'll just plump for one and see how we get on.

Thanks again.

[​IMG][/IMG]

8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I just use a normal lead with a sping shock absorber with my younger dog.
    And the extendy with my older dog.

Your dog is beautiful how old is she?

9. petfriendly

petfriendly PetForums Newbie

I recommend this one, have one myself. Although I do not use it for running, it is ideal for jogging or walking with your dog.
    Having three dogs at shows or days out can get a bit difficult, this is perfect, attach around your waist, clip the other end to your dogs collar, and your hands free, well if it was not for the other 2 dogs. It has a handy clip that means you can detach from the waist part and use it as a normal lead.

I have seen the cani cros ones and they are perfect for those serious joggers, but to me a little to expensive.

10. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Welcome to PF , your dog is gorgeous. :D

Pets at home have got some on offer at the minute for £10 if thats any help. Not tried them tho.

x

11. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

12. Niamhsdad

Poison Girl - that's the kind of set up I have too, just trying to find something a bit easier to use. She's 5 years old this october. She's a rescue dog from Cardiff pound. Her mother was tied up outside the gates one day when the staff arrived for work about to have a litter of pups. All the other pups were taken but she was a bit nervous and had a dodgy leg so was left behind. They had her in a wire cage when we saw her. Mugs for a sob story we took her home there and then. Now she comes mountain biking, hill walking and running with me, strolling with the wife and dressing up like a princess with our 2 yr old daughter!! It's a demanding life, you know!!
    :):):smilewinkgrin:

13. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Oh believe me you are not being thick! The site is a nightmare to read..I've tried to get it changed but the lady that runs it is rather set in her way!!

Basically everything for sale is on this page trpdpetcraftproject - TRPD SALES

and there should be lists of the different things for sale. There isn't always pictures but if you ask me I can try and find some from the picture arcive for you. :D

14. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

I've just posted a cheque and a note with my order to the address. Hopefully I should get it! The website is pretty confusing and to be honest off putting. However, anything for our rescue's! x

15. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got really confused :eek: Will have to look properly later when the kids are in bed and I can concentrate. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice