Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Recommend me a Book for my Kindle!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by abbiechi, Jan 6, 2012.

1. abbiechi

abbiechi PetForums Senior

I'm reading How to Teach Quantum Physics to Your Dog, but it's very heavy and I want something slightly lighter to read aswell.

I honestly read most things, not a massive crime fan as I find they're very gory and not incredibly smart most of the time, I don't read the cutesy romance novels and I don't like generally cute nice books.

I like books that get me thinking and I love a good mystery book that takes you to a whole other world. I've read (to name a few) Donnie Brasco, The Perks of being a Wallflower, Wish You Were Here, Harry Potter, Of Mice and Men etc

It's a long shot but I've been browsing Amazon for hours and I can't find anything!

Ps, if you have time please check that the book is an eBook :)

2. ebonymagic

ebonymagic PetForums Senior

All the classics are free.

There are various vampire, werewolf and witchy free books.

It depends what you want to read. I find that looking at the 100 free books and downloading those that seem slightly interesting is a good idea. Then any that don't grab my attention get archived.

3. Shazach

Shazach PetForums VIP

How about Rosamund Lupton's Afterwards, It's a haunting mystery - not to everyones taste but I couldn't put it down. Be warned though it is a weepy. And don't read the last 100 pages late - I was couldn't sleep until I'd finished it :rolleyes:

The thing I don't like about Amazon is they don't give you good enough book synopsis. This ones about a woman who runs into a fire to rescue her daughter. The mystery is in how the fire started....and what happens to her and her daughter afterwards...

p.s. its not a free one.

4. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

5. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

War horse, my sister downloaded it to her kindle on christmas day and says its fantastic , i am hoping to see the live show of it

6. Plebob

Plebob PetForums Member

The last book i downloaded on my i-pad is called before i go to sleep. It's about a woman who has amnesia and she lives every day with no memory of what has happened before - i found it compelling and very different to usual stories.

7. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

on the silver edge of time by ciara gold is a great read

dragon king by ciara gold was good also

8. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Just downloaded the doggie one to my kindle :thumbsup:.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice