Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Recind a job offer

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by amanda stimpson, Dec 31, 2018.

1. amanda stimpson

amanda stimpson PetForums Newbie

Hi, I need some help please. I advertised for two dog walkers a couple of months ago with a veiw to them starting training in Jan. Sadly I had a miscarriage just before Christmas and I'm no longer in a position to hire them (I had a few clients leave) and I can't afford to take on anyone at the moment. So what can I do? Can they come back at me? I have no choice I can't hire anyone ATM.

2. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

I suggest you contact CT citizens advice. Had you provided contracts yet and on what basis were the terms of the offers made ? Were they conditional pending satisfactory references or some other basis or confirmed ?

This site may help.

https://www.gov.uk/job-offers-your-rights

You may also want to seek legal advice.

3. Amanda Woolham

Amanda Woolham PetForums Junior

Nope no contracts and they didn't sign anything I just said that I would check references and dbs checks and let them know when the probationary period would start.

4. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

As I understand it legally it doesn't matter whether the agreement was verbally or in writing.

As you gave them a conditional offer subject to DBS and references they shouldn't have given notice on other jobs as that would be an unwise thing to do.

In your place I would get some legal advice - CAB or solicitor to understand your options and legal position Depending upon the people you were hiring once you know where you stand perhaps an honest discussion about your change of circumstances would be appropriate or it may be that this may not be the best move depending on the individuals concerned.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice