Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Reassurance, 5 month old lab, clicking noise

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Michelle McColgan, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Michelle McColgan

Michelle McColgan PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,

My 5 month old lab pup over the last 3 days is clicking when he walks, I can't determine if the clicking is coming from his hips or back legs. I've got an appointment booked for Friday to see his vet but I can't stop worrying that something serious is wrong. He is a very big lab, people comment on his size, even the groomer on Tuesday couldn't get over how big he was for only being 5 months so part of me thinks it may just be his bones growing. He is showing no signs of weakness, pain or being limp. We don't over exercise him (as much as he probably wishes we would lol) . Has anyone experienced this before and can put my mind at rest? Thanks

2. TTouch

TTouch PetForums Member

Dogs joints can pop or click for a number of reasons espeically growing pups; air in the joints, ligaments moving, or bone rubbing on bone. Some noises are nothing to worry about, but some can indicate a joint problem..... you are doing the right thing by having him checked out by the vet, it is likely at only 5 months with no lamness showing, still growing and a large pup the vet will advise you to 'wait and see' and to make sure he doesn't put on too much weight....

3. Michelle McColgan

Michelle McColgan PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the advice, I will try not to worry until he's been seen.

4. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

It's worth having a word with your vet, if only for peace of mind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice