Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Rear dew claw removal recovery

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by doodlebuguk, Sep 16, 2013.

1. doodlebuguk

doodlebuguk PetForums Newbie

Hiya,
    I have a 1 year old Lhasa Apso puppy. He recently had a rear dew claw removed. He had the bandage off the first night after the op, so I don't know how much licking he would have been able to do. He's been for a check at the vets, and she said to keep a check on it, and put sudocreme on overnight as well as covering it.
    It doesn't seem to be getting any better, but I don't know if I'm just being paranoid. It's not a wet wound, it's dry, and it doesn't look infected.
    Just wondered if anyone had any experience as to how long it takes for the wound to go?

Thanks.

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

How long ago was it and how much licking is he doing?

Were there stitches?

3. doodlebuguk

doodlebuguk PetForums Newbie

It was Friday 6th, just over a week ago. There were stitches, I can see one just sticking out of his foot when I look at it, I guess it'll drop out when it's ready. he doesn't do much licking, just tries to on a morning once we've uncovered it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice