Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

really worried

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Beagle Mafia, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Buster has eaten a whole tea bag (normal style no drawstring etc)

Will he be OK? contacted the vet and been told he needs a jab within 30 minutes to vomit it up but after travelling to vet its past that time so is too late. The vet said he should pass it within 24 hours but if he doesn't will need surgery - has annyone got any experience of this. The little devil swallowed it in one there was no way of stopping him!

2. gesic

gesic PetForums VIP

woudnt worry too much.
    If u want to encourage him to pass things through quicker, give him some all bran which would bulk up his faeces and get things moving.
    I cant think that a t bag would be that harmful really:confused:

3. Emraa

Emraa PetForums Senior

Bella ate almost a whole tea bag a few weeks ago and has been fine, I am sure all will be ok, just keep an eye on him.

4. bmxwidow

bmxwidow PetForums Junior

Megan has eaten a teabag before and never had any problems. I'm sure it will pass through normally. Surely surgery isn't necessary?

5. cornflower

cornflower PetForums Member

my mother's springer once swallowed a whole sock - it came out in tact from the rear end a week later with no side effects in between! I guess we were really lucky. I reckon a tea bag should be ok as it will disolve after a while or make him sick. Good luck though

6. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Thanks guys I feel really stupid for worrying, couldn't sleep but he is fine back to normal running all over the house lol. My auntie said don't forget its out of hours all calls go through to an emergency vet who will charge emergency rates so he saw £££'s. Still no Tetley Poo or PG Squits so I am guessing he will be OK lol

7. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

I wonder what colour his urine will come out?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice