UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's come to the point I can't mention her name anymore, without breaking into a sobbing wreck. :(

I went to my GP today and instead of being remotely sympathetic about it she's referred me to an occupational therapist again to further my education. The appointment can go stuff itself, that's not why I went to my GP.

I'm having problems sleeping at night worrying over things. The second I start thinking about Sandy I just shatter altogether.

Looking back at my Tumblr posts on her progress, from when she started being sick til the day we had her put down... It was only 20 days. She deteriorated so fast...

I've been crying so hard that I'm nearly physically sick, my heart is aching and I really am not sure what to do. I keep blaming myself for this, I feel guilty for everything that happened to her. I miss her so so much... :(

·
Registered
304 Posts
So sorry to hear I lost my first dog about 5-6 years ago considering I had her since I first could remember (Like at 3 years old my parents got her). Truth is I was devastated by her death but as they say time heals and it is no different with grief.

GP's don't deal well with grief or any mental problems they have 15 minutes to get to the root of a problem and refer if necessary and then it is time for the next patient. The only thing a GP really would do would either refer you or give you some medication.

Again sorry to hear about your loss and remember everyone on PF is there for you whenever you need to talk.

·
Registered
16,075 Posts
Oh Hun I'm so sorry for your loss. (((((((((((((Hugs)))))) maybe thinking of the good times with sandy will help and try not to blame yourself hun I know it's hard and if you ever need someone to talk to me pm box always open ((((((((( loads of hugs)))))))))) take care of yourself okay.

Blue cross brevement site.
http://www.bluecross.org.uk/1742/pet-loss.html

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I'm so sorry for your lost, but you've got to remember the good times and the things she has taught you since the day you got her. I lost four of my dogs in the last five years and I miss them daily, but the one thing first you must do is not blame yourself what has happened to her. As my two children have told me, "Dad, stop blaming yourself and stop thinking that they're gone, because they live inside your heart and they're around you in spirit." From the mouths of babes (even though they're almost grown now). Nonetheless, remember this as you remember the happy times you had with your dog, Sandy.

))))))))))))))))))HUGS((((((((((((((((((((((((((

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Its normal, allow yourself to grieve , you have lost a friend but remember other peoples sympathy will only last 6 weeks at best and when its a dog most people wont give it more than 6 seconds thought...So ordinary people wont understand the depth of grief and loss you are feeling.

The love of a dog is unconditional and irreplaceable.

We are also trying to readjust and cope after loosing Oscar and I have also been avoiding people who I know will ask because I cant talk about it without crying. Last night everything was fine until an ad came on TV, the music was somewhere over the rainbow ( I used it on his video) OH and I just froze and both just welled up..

Anyone watching would think we were mad..

Real dog people will understand your loss, try talking to them instead of 'human' doctors..

((((((hugs)))))

·
Registered
3,215 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sadly, I have just recently experienced the pain and anguish of euthanising a much loved pet. I feel for you.

Yesterday was 1 week exactly since we said goodbye and I decided to go for a run on one of the routes he had accompanied me on so very often. I bumped into a few walkers that had obviously seen us together in the past and had come to associate us as a pair. They quite innocently asked where he was, immediately inducing 'something in my eye' moments in a grown man.

I'm coming to recognise that the pain is the price we pay for their unconditional love. Is it hard to bear? ...Yes it hurts like hell. Are the memories worth it? Absolutely.

If it is any consolation, know this...you are not being stupid and you are not alone in your grief. Shed tears for your friend, it's only natural. Remember too the joy they bring us and I hope that a smile will replace them.

·
We are all Ukraine
23,819 Posts
I do feel for you ...she was lovely...and she is well looked after now...in best hands ever...
qwhen Cheeky passed away I was very sad even though I have busy life, family etc...there was a dog-shaped emptiness,,,

tillI decided that there are so many hoemless dogs in need of a dogless home...and got Scrip..totally different dog...I stillmiss Cheeky but it helped our family to accept it...

and do not blame yourself..what could be or not be done...you cared for your dog and you loved each other...
and actually my doctor listened to me and she said she would like to prescribe me a dog...

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
So very sorry, Sandy was beautiful :001_wub: :( I went through the same thing 8 years ago when I lost my beautiful GSD to AF :( He was diagnosed in April and I'd lost him by July :( at not even 6 years old :( It took me ages to talk about him without bursting into tears all the time and I know what you mean about that ache in your chest. I think losing them young makes the pain hurt even more as you feel cheated.:(

My sister has a beautiful one year old GSD now from Equiside, I'm so jealous but I couldn't go through that again. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
So very sorry, Sandy was beautiful :001_wub: :( I went through the same thing 8 years ago when I lost my beautiful GSD to AF :( He was diagnosed in April and I'd lost him by July :( at not even 6 years old :( It took me ages to talk about him without bursting into tears all the time and I know what you mean about that ache in your chest. I think losing them young makes the pain hurt even more as you feel cheated.:(

My sister has a beautiful one year old GSD now from Equiside, I'm so jealous but I couldn't go through that again. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
My sister has a beautiful one year old GSD now from Equiside, I'm so jealous but I couldn't go through that again. :([/QUOTE]
Quite possibly your sisters dog and mine could be out the same litter, you said was a year and that adds up to same birth date 16th Sept 2011

G

·
I´m so sorry for your loss, it must be heartbreaking for you. Take care and try to remember that you made her happy and did all that a human could do for her.

·
Premium Member
33,968 Posts
I truely sorry for your loss, the pain of losing a beloved friend is very hard. Everyone grieves in their own way, some of us take longer to some to terms with their loss and in someways I'm not sure we ever really do, but honestly you do learn yo live with it. Take it one day at the time. xxx

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Quite possibly your sisters dog and mine could be out the same litter, you said was a year and that adds up to same birth date 16th Sept 2011[/QUOTE]

Yes it does sound like Tayzor could be from the same litter. He was called Tayzor by the breeder and they decided to keep it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.