Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Really struggling again

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tinaK, Sep 20, 2013.

1. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

The last 4 weeks or so I've really been struggling again. It all escalated yesterday when my support worker came.

She said I looked really out of it, and was worried I'd done something. I hadn't, but was finding really hard to hold a conversation. The house is a mess, and I'm not looking after myself.

She said she'd have to call the crisis team, and I said yes I know. She left , and I waited until 8:30 PM last night for them to come. Finally got a call to say they'd run out of time for that day :(

This morning I took the girls out at 6 am and then went back to sleep. Slept until 2 and took them out again. So at least they're not suffering.

Heard from no one today - not bothered , nothing they can do. Keeping going for my girls, but it's so hard, so tiring, so overwhelming :(

I look at my girls, and I fight for them - they've all I've got

2. BenBoy

BenBoy Banned

I don't know about your past or anything but just wanted to say I was sorry to read your post. I suffer from depression and struggle too x

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Just keep on keeping on as best you can CM.

4. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

Awww, you sounded so up-beat last night when you'd done your night walk !
    we're all here for you - chat away .

5. spannels

spannels PetForums Member

I'm so very sorry you've hit another tough patch. (I've been somewhere similar years ago, so I know how miserable it is.) Stay strong for your girls, they can help you through it just because you know you have to walk them, feed them, groom them, play with them.

You've been through it before, you know you can get through, you can do it again. Do tiny things for yourself - don't forget to eat something nourishing, I used to keep emergency foods which were quick so I could get them eaten before "the horrors (I don't mean dogs ;) " got at me again. When you've achieved a little step give yourself a reward, tell yourself you're good - you are, you know, you put your girls first and care for them however lousy you're feeling.

You know all this anyway, but when the bad times are upon you it's easy to forget all the good stuff.

I hope you will feel better soon :) .

6. Charleigh

Charleigh PetForums VIP

I'm sorry you're having a hard time :(

You're such an amazing person, I wish I could take your struggles away. If you ever want to talk you can message me.

Thinking of you xx

7. lucy963

lucy963 PetForums Senior

I hope you feel better soon. There are always people on here for you if you need to talk. Ive had bad times myself in the past. you can always pm me if want to. Just think you have your two beautiful dogs to get you through. sending hugs from me and my girls. x

8. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I can only add to what has already been said - keep muddling through CM, and as always, we're all here - you're never on your own. xx

9. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

..hugs...hugs...

10. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

Thinking of you CM. Snuggle up on the sofa with your girls x

11. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

Come on sweetie keep going I know its so hard and something tiny a look a word a thought can make things so difficult. Someone close to me has gone through terrible times and she is in a bad place at the minute, she is a fragile damaged beautiful person both inside and out, and I want to scoop her up and make it better but I can't. Same as I can't for you, but I care as do lots on here. I can't make it go away or never have happened but I can say I understand and tell you that you are a good person and I want you to keep battling on please

lostbear likes this.
  12. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

That made me cry.. so lovely, thank you

13. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

CM, it's really all been said, but sorry to hear you're struggling again. :(

I must confess I don't know much about your condition, so I could be talking out of my behind here, but when I have a day when my motivation takes a nose-dive, or when things start getting on top of me, I try to counter-act them by thinking about every little thing I HAVE achieved.

OK, so the house isn't spotless. On the coin's flip side, the girls had 2 walks before mid-afternoon! That's 2 things you've achieved already today. So that means you put some clothes on to take them out - 3 things achieved. You got out of bed twice - 5 things achieved.

Doesn't matter how small something is when you're feeling low. EVERYTHING you manage to do is an achievement in itself.

Take care CM.

14. DoodlesRule

Consider yourself scooped up too lady and I have had a bit of a cry for both of you :eek: I am seeing my lovely special girl tomorrow and when I give her a hug I will be sending a cyber hug to you as well. You take care have something to eat even its just a bit of toast and snuggle down for a sleep, she will get through this and so will you :)

15. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Dunno if I will get through. So tired mentally and emotionally. It always comes back.

16. DoodlesRule

I know I really do but they can't get to you now its gone, small steps one at a time don't think of everything all in one go concentrate on going to bed and sleeping ready for doggies breakfast in the morning. Next week, next month you don't need to think about.

17. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

A friend has just offered to come and clean the house tomorrow. That will be one less stress and worry

18. DoodlesRule

There you go then my lovely that's crossed off the list which means you can go and have a sleep you sound exhausted and need a big rest :)

19. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

am exhausted. just waiting for 10 PM to take girls out for last pee's

20. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

I suffered depression for years but now I am anti-depressant free and seem to be doing okay. Think UP, not down, it'll be okay and ( ( BIG HUG ) )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice