Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Really strange

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Gemma83, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Gemma83

Gemma83 PetForums Senior

my pup started being werid with boneo biscuits, he used to just eat them but now he walks around with it in his mouth and whines, I don't get it he doesn't do it with anything else and won't let me take it off him, eventally he will either leave it somewhere or eat it. I thought at 1st he was looking for the other members of the household, but hes done it with us all in the same room.

Anyone got any ideas???

2. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Is he wagging his butt and looking all proud??? If so he could be 'talking' to you my tibetan terrier does the same thing only she holds in end on so looks a bit like Winston Churchill LOL

3. Gemma83

Gemma83 PetForums Senior

t think tail down (but can't be 100% sure off hand) I think it might be a kind of aniexty thing but I really don't know why. Boneos aren't his favioute bisciuit he prefers shapes or markies, I don't know if hes complaining that he wants something else.

Right I'm off to the optionations, he got hold of my glasses yesterday - now have lovely scatched lenses! :rolleyes:

4. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

SEE you later then Heehee

5. mybaby

mybaby PetForums Newbie

lol This is called "storing" It is an hereditary trait,but many dogs never show signs of it.It is taught by their mothers at an early age(who have also been taught by their's)
    A dog will take a treat,but but will store it(usually in slippers or shoes)for another time,It is done in case of famine in latter months.
    My Pitty x Saffi has done it since puppyhood...and still does,at the age of 18mths

6. AJ

AJ Guest

Milo does the same thing when we give him hide bones. Because he's not too keen on them he wanders around for ages looking for a good place to hide it and then "hides" it in a really obvious place, dufus! :D:D

7. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

You really need to be careful advertising the fact you have a pitt cross,they are illegal in the uk and you never know who's browsing the forum.

8. mybaby

mybaby PetForums Newbie

You need to get the law Right! They are NOT banned.You have to meet four requirements to own one.Insurance,micro-chipped and being put on dangerous dog register.Also a bitch must be spayed,before reaching puberty.He is only half pitty.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice