Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Really quite irritated with Argos Pet Insurance

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Mar 28, 2011.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Rupert is on Argos Platinum and its the first time I've claimed. Its for £260.

Its been a goddamn nightmare and I don't even know if I'm getting money back or not. Sent it off originally about 31st January. Here I am 28th March still waiting!

First they said they didn't have the form so got vets to fax it, next day form turns up they had got it but because they needed a 12 month history and as a result had 'missing information' they store nothing about having ever received it on their system which is why I got told they didn't have it.

Since then I sent them a history. Rang up a few weeks later. We've not got it. They send me my faxed copy back and I send ANOTHER 12 month history by recorded post sot he gits can't muck it up.

They said they will fast track my claim as its been ongoing. Rang up Saturday, said claims system us being updated can't tell me anything ring Monday. Ring up today, going to be at least another 10 days they've had lots of claims recently :mad:

I am really very cross with them this is not good enough and instead of recommending them in future I will warn people that claiming can be a right royal pain in the ass, and that's providing I get my money back if I don't there will be hell to pay!!

Sorry for the rant but I am very cross with them right now :mad:

2. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

My friend is in dispute with Argos as they're saying that something she's trying to claim from was present at birth, when it wasn't.

I raised this point when someone else was singing their praises, I won't touch them after the issue my mate has.

Some people say the same about More Than, but I've always had prompt payment from them on the 2 occasions I've claimed, my cheque has landed within 5 working days.

3. Val001

Val001 PetForums Senior

Its been said about any insurance that you only know how good your company is when you make a claim. And I'm in the insurance business lol !

4. GoldenShadow

If it works out OK I'll alright with them but warn people its a pain in the arse. There is no way they wont pay out because there will be hell to pay otherwise :mad:

Rupert has allergies so has lots of ear problems. I have claimed for 'lethargic, lack of energy, weight loss' and it was for a blood test, a thyroid test and sedation because he got scared. If they try and tell me that's allergy related they wont know what's hit them :nono:

Shame your friend had problems, seems like all the insurance companies are a bit shite of late :( Uncle went with More Than but its £16 for his lab and its only the basic cover so he's going to change but not sure I want to recommend him Argos now, think will stick with Churchill whom I recommended to him.

I'm stuck with Argos now really, lifelong policy and all that jazz :(

5. GoldenShadow

Some people never have to claim which is OK I guess, but definitely put me off them now, peed off I can't change.

KNEW I should have gone with GreenBee at John Lewis :rolleyes:

6. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

I am having a drawn out claim for £100 with Homebase! I really wondered if it was worth bothering, but they said i should!

Claim went in beginning of Feb, they took nearly 6 weeks to pick up no 12 month history! It was a 5 month old pup with an emergency vet appointment!So asked normal vet as they had the initial vacs etc and they were prepared to fax the details over on request from the insurance company.

I rang last week they said they had everything and it would now be a minimum of two weeks before they made a decision.

They dont need to rush! I did say just as well it wasnt a big bill I was waiting on!

7. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Oh no, really sorry to hear that. I've got two of mine insured with them because on another forum I was told they were really good.

8. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Mine are insured with them. I have had one claim which was sorted out by the vets and was no problem at all.
    Fighting for your rights with insurance companies seems all too common.

9. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Oh thats a shame,

Ive have had to claim to Percys argos platinum insurance and it was sorted out really quickly, I had the cheque in under 3 weeks.

10. I've just taken out pet insurance with Argos for my three dogs & two cats. I never had insurance before and luckily haven't had any particually large bills but after reading stuff on here on what people have payed for ops, accidents & illness it got me thinking could I actually aford to pay it if anything happened and the answer was no and I'd dread to think what would happen to my pets then. I decided with argos as heard lots of good things and was the most affordable. petplan was an awful lot of money per month espeacially for my Rottie but would of chose them if I could afford to do so. I hope I never have to claim though but its peace of mind for me with the insurance being in place.

11. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

It took them about 7 weeks for them to pay Harry's vet bills but they did pay and also i said i didn't care about claiming for the cost of him but they paid me for it anyway with no proof of receipts

12. GoldenShadow

Still not heard from them. If there is no letter on the doormat by Monday I will be very, very cross and they do not want to face my wrath if they wont pay out either :mad:

13. GoldenShadow

At LAST! Rang them up to hassle them this morning and they said a cheque has literally gone in the post just this morning.

14. LeeM018

LeeM018 PetForums Member

Ah man. This isn't good; both the cat and the dog are with Argos as I'd heard 'as good as can be expected' stories from others before signing up. Ash is on the platinum plan too.

As bad as I feel for your troubles, I really hope this isn't the norm with these guys....

15. GoldenShadow

They have paid out, just took forever!! In future I will see if they will pay vets direct save me chasing them up etc. I'm glad they paid they said they were hugely busy for some reason but I hope they will be quicker now, I've been waiting months!

16. rona

rona Guest

Oh Tesco seem to do that, wait until the customer phones before paying out.
    I've claimed loads and they always do the same, wait for my call and then pat out :rolleyes:
    Bit of a scam I think to hold onto the money for as long as possible. Maybe some people never phone and they don't have to pay out

17. Couldn't agree more! and having been burnt very badly with pet insurance I certainly did my homework with the present dogs!

I use greenbee for one
    and Jbi for the eldest one- albeit the cover with JBi is very low compared with many hight street names (but then what goods the high cover if they weedle out of paying?) but their turnaround time when paying out I would guess is second to none - claimed twice and both were paid well withing 10 days from start to finish.
    DT

ps - if you are in the forces you get a good discount with Jbi

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice