Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Really needed a man!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nicolaa123, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Not for that :eek::eek: :rolleyes:

Saw a fly near my wheelie bin..now I've never had maggots in my bin, I'm always careful, don't really throw out food, unless riley has not finished his meal, but then it's all bagged up tight..

..open the bin and there are maggots :eek: I hate maggots!! So just spent the last hour re bagging my rubbish, they collect Friday morning and cleaning out the bin, I've bleached inside and used boiling water to kill the blighters and also on rebagging sprayed with mr muscle (not sure why) on the inside of the new bin bag.

I then had to empty the wheelie bin..no open drains where I am, can't just swill on the grass as used bleach. Soooo had to then get two screwdrivers and lift the manhole cover to empty the wheelie bin bleach contents down there. That took me ages to get the cover off, then I felt compelled to then put more water down the drain to clean it :rolleyes:

Put lid back on but now in my head its not back in properly so have visions of falling down it.

Then put loads of water down where I was changing the bags so any remains of cleaner have gone, meanwhile my dinner has been ruined as was ready before I noticed the fly!

I've had a shower, but I still feel like I have maggots crawling over me, highly unlikely I know as they can't jump!!

Urrrggghkkkkkkk, definitely a mans job I think..:(

2. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Not the best afternoon ever then?
    :D

3. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

No and I've just found that my fridge/freezer for some unknown reason had switched itself off and my freezer part is a pool of water :mad:

I thought maybe when I had the hedgehog and he had a small escape maybe he did something, have had a look, but I have no idea what I should be looking for. Or could have been Riley's ping pong ball that I did find near the door..or a maggot crawled off me and some how stopped it working..

It was still switched on at the plug, moved the thermostat and it has now fired up again..

I dare not touch anything else!

4. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

No woman will ever NEED a man ;)

OT: I'd hate to have been you :( even thinking about maggots makes me shudder :(

5. tinktinktinkerbell

100% this......

6. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Oh really?

Perhaps you'd like to tell everyone how capable you are. :sneaky2:

7. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Nope disagree there are some things men are better equipped to deal with.

I'm freaking out here, just been out to check the bin and there are some still there, crawling about the lid, squished loads..my new neighbours must think I'm mental out there with a torch and a pair of tongs!

Going to get some fly spray tomorrow, as bleach, mr muscle, vanish spray does not work! Might try some windows cleaner on them..oh what if I'm making them into super maggots by spraying all the chemicals on them.

I am super freaking out..sorry ladies but this is sooo a mans job!

8. tinktinktinkerbell

It's a mans or a none afraid females job

Just out if interest what are men better equipt to deal with?

9. gentoo1980

gentoo1980 PetForums Member

You just reminded me. Years ago there was an elderly lady who lived in the flat acroos the road. She couldn't get her wheely bin out of the yard as there was a steep step do I took it out for her.

Well it tipped sideways when I got it down the steps and managed to drag me with it. Half the bags tipped out and I got covered in maggots. I totally freaked out.

Got the bin men to do it for after that.

I hate the fortnightly collections. Never had maggots when it was weekly.

10. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

TV remote :p

I seem to have done OK. Unloading me car , neighbour comes along and does his chivalry bit and carries it to me door. Electrician helped me fit my steering knob when he saw me struggling with it :D

11. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

I flush uneaten food down the toilet, my bin has to go out tonight, I will be looking for maggot now, and its dark:eek:

12. tinktinktinkerbell

PAH! I have the remote in this house

I might let him have it for his birthday........ As long as he watches what I tell him to :laugh:

13. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

I am all for equality I really am, but I'm also a realist. Majority of men are stronger physically than the majority of women..

I would also say more men than woman are able to cope with stuff like maggots..

I do a lot of things in the home that I can, that a man would normally do, but when it comes to certain things I'm not stupid enough to put myself at danger when I know my friend (a man) is much better equipped than I am to do said job.

Maybe I don't know the right women..who knows but it's a fact men and women are made differently..

14. tinktinktinkerbell

Maybe you can't handle certain situations but don't put all females in the same boat as you!

15. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Didn't think I did :confused::confused:

16. tinktinktinkerbell

You are

By saying men are better at dealing with certain things is grouping all females into a can't deal with those things box

17. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

I'm really not in the mood for this tonight!

18. tinktinktinkerbell

Yes and I'm not in the mood for being put in a box :rolleyes:

19. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

That's a novel way of waste disposal :eek: hope you don't find any..:)

20. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

If you read what Nicola said and not what you interpreted what she said, you wouldn`t be doing Nicola`s head in :eek:

nicolaa123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice